Fordmods Logo

a few where does this go questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: a few where does this go questions
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok guys am currently in the procces of puttin my engine back in the xr8 but am having a bit of a memory lapse as to where some stuff goes

first off it has a explorer manifold on it (put on by the previous owner who was very dodgy) now on the egr spacer it has 2 small pipes, now where do they both go to? (the lower one had a screw in it) and i cant remember what the top one plugged into.

secondly at the back of the manifold there is a red wire and a white wire where do they go? looks like the red wire is a earth as it is quite short and has a circle crimp on it i assume it earths to just a bolt on the lower manifold? and the white wire has a female spade crimp on it
the end of the white wire (which has been joined to make longer at some stage and is also slightly melted so guess it was somewhere down near the exhaust)

next is the fuel lines obviously a supply and return one has a white plastic bit on it one has a black now does the black go to the left hand side of the fuel rail or the right? (when standing in front of the engine)

oh and just to make sure but at the back of the upper manifold is this gold bit im pretty sure it hooks up to small hard plastic tubes which look like vac lines or something?

thats it so far i think hope thats clear enough for people to understand haha cheers guys

Post subject: Re: a few where does this go questions
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

OK, NO1 This is the coolant lines for the EGR/TB spacer. They go to outputs at either side of the back of the manifold lower. He probably just ran them from one side to the other.

2 The red wire is an earth and goes on the last bolt at the back of the lower manifold on the passenger side of the car. The white wire i cant remember.

3. As the rails sit on each other it will become apparent which is which. I can remember and no longer run the stock rails so sorry i cant help there.

4 The vacuum line will be for 1 of the following. A heater control box, or B fuel pressure reg. It could aslo be for the vacuum connector to the front of the EGR or for the carbon canister located in the passenger guard from memory. Check those and it will go to whichever one isnt connected.

Hope that helps and sorry i could not have been of more help.

Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Also, on the EGR coolant lines, if the previous owner used the black lower manifold coolant pipe off the explorer, there is no provision to use the EGR. The HO coolant pipe has smaller pipes on it that are joined by small rubber hoses to the small pipes on the EGR.

I hope that makes sense.

Yes, the red wire is an earth.

I'll check the fuel lines on mine.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

#1: Block those pipes off, and make sure you block the small pipe on the heater rail off too, and the one in the lower manifold at the back, you don't need these as explorer doesn't run EGR passages.

#2: red wire goes to the last bolt at the rear of the lower manifold on the passengers side, white one goes to starter motor.

#3 see attached picture.

#4: the smaller pipe goes to a vac line, preferably the one which the fuel pressure reg is plugged into. If you want a pic, let me know and i'll take one. Big pipe either gets blocked off, or use this for your brake booster (i did) if you use it for your booster, make sure you plug the spare one that is sitting by the egr vac control box thing.

Hope this helps!

Attachments:
DSC01672.JPG
DSC01672.JPG [ 329.73 KiB | Viewed 120 times ]
DSC01673.JPG
DSC01673.JPG [ 302.77 KiB | Viewed 129 times ]

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

perfect cheers for that guys :D :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]