Another exhuast thread... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Another exhuast thread...
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU series 2 XR8

VIC, Australia

hi everyone im going to the exhuast shop some time this week and have been researching as to what exhuast i should put into my AU2 xr8 220... from what ive researched the pacemaker tri-y's seems to be a good header and i can pick them up for $495 on ebay does anyone have any opinions on these headers and the price?? my other concern is also the exhuast, ive read some people say that 2.5" is too big and to go for 2.25", but ive also read that the stock exhuast on my car 2.25" anyway from factory if thats the case should i just change the headers?? i really want a twin exhuast setup what size should i go for and are there any off the shelf systems i can purchase or would i need a custom dual system made up.
thanks

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: V.W.

VIC, Australia

I have a AU XR8, it has Extractors and Cats then it goes into a 3 inch single, the Single goes through 2 Hot Dogs then it a 3 Inch Duel Stainless Tip.

I think it looks OK and I've been told it sounds TUFF.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: V.W.

VIC, Australia

Also 2.5" is Ok for a V8, but some would say it's to big for a 6 Cyl

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Build# 499 BF F6 TYPHOON DEJA VU

VIC, Australia

there are better ones then the tri-y,, gof for the PH4006 they are copmetition pacemaker headers tuned,, 4 into 1 with hi-flow cats, i reacon they are better

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information ... PH4006.htm

232.5 RW KILLER WASPS

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 2008 WQ Fiesta XR4

SA, Australia

I'm running a 3" mandrel bent single too, and have had a lot of good comments about its sound. One Lukey Ultraflow and one hot dog.

2008 WQ Fiesta XR4
2007 LS Focus CL

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

so go for the PH4006?? are these headers better overall then the tri-y's? within the whole rev range

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

For a near stock engine, the 2.5" single seems to be the best for torque and power.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

There are extractors that perform better for regular engines and mildly worked ones and there are extractors that are designed for high end revving. Depends on what you have and what you want to do to your motor. Research first - find out the different types and what they'll do for you. Ring a couple of performance outfits and tell them what you have and what you want to do and they'll explain the types available to you.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok how about the exhuast then, i really had my heart set on a dual system does anybody know if anyone makes off the shelf fittings for this modal cos i know redback and other brands make single system off the shelf

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

I really wouldn't go for the Pacemaker comps or any other 4-1 design. They are primarily designed for high reving engines or big cube engines. Tri-Y's will out perform the 4-1 in the low to mid range probably all the way up to 5000+rpm after that the 4-1's will have an advantage but you realy dont spend much time up there anyway.

Regarding the exhaust, a single 2.5" would probably be the best and cheapest option, but if you really want a twin system stick with twin 2.25", 2.5's will be way too big. D&T exhausts sort of do an off the shelf system, you can order from them and they will send it out but if going for a twin system I would go for a custom made one because they can be a bastard to fit over the diff.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Does your model have a cut out in the bumper for the single? if so might want to match that on the other side if ur still doing a twin system. Or patch it in and dump just before the bumper

I couldnt fix your brakes so I made your horn louder

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:56 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

I don't know why everyone bags dual 2.5's, i've got them in mine and the car runs well, not that its an outstanding feat, I do admit the car did bog down severly from 0-40km/h when i first got the twin 2.5s put in, but the new diff fixed that big time. My car roughly has a little over 220 flywheel kw and it died in the a** off the line with the twin 2.5s...

If you don't have the budget for a diff gear change to coincide with the exhaust mods, go the 2.25s....but since the AUs had 2.25s stock then i have no idea...Then again you have better heads and intake, I have those s**t E7 heads......maybe twin 2.5s on an AU would be trick...

Its a V8, its gotta have a dual exhaust, even if both pipes are running out one side !!!!

I had a single 3 inch originally and that sounded pretty sweet, but I just love the sound of a dual.. each to their own i guess, but in the end if you don't want it to bog down due to backpressure issues, either get a diff, or get more power cuz the 2.5 twins will upset the car somewhere along the line if you don't have anything to support it....

TEAM FAT RACING

TEAM LWB

Copyright (c) 2006 Landbarge Racing. FAIRLANE and COBRA are registered trademarks owned and licenced by Ford Motor Company.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EBII/ED XR8

WA, Australia

go twin straight throught 2.5" zorst dumping at the diff, got mine back today from the exhaust shop, and my god, the whole car rattles down low and is f*ck loud, i had a single 2.5" "legal" exhaust and my car responds so much better with the twin system now!!

p.s mines also got a x balancer in it too

Modified EBII/ED XR8

2.5" Twin system dumped at diff, pacemakers, 19" Impul's, low profiles, k+n filter, trip com, sunroof, massive doof doof, momo steering wheel, cruise, snorkel, lovells super lows on koni adjustables

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Au2 xr8 ute

QLD, Australia

My opinion has always been dual 2 1/4 exhaust or single 3 on near stock cars with tri-y extractors.

I've opted for dual 2 1/2 and 4-1's as my plans are a little more extensive.

What ever you choose make sure its mandrel bent or your wasting your time!

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU2 220kw XR8

NSW, Australia

My AUII 220 already has the standard twin system and tickord headers. Im just going to change the mufflers for a better note. I dont think there would be much to gain out of the exhaust without engine work.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]