Fordmods Logo

any good tech books on stroking/rebuilding clevo's? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: any good tech books on stroking/rebuilding clevo's?
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1994 XG

NSW, Australia

just wanted to know if anyone has seen any good books on stroking modding rebuidling getting the most out of clevo's? surelky there has to be something out there, i seen one on ebay about the motor's in the early stanga's but i think maybe they were a differant block or a windosr werent they?

well anyways, if anyone could steer me in the right direction as to what to order at a book store or what to type into ebay or anything, i would reall appreciate it, thankyou guys :)

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

There are not many books on the Cleveland, because its was used in the US between 70 and 74. Australia is the only long term user.

Check www.pitstop.com.au. I bought a book called "How to build max performance Ford V8s on a budget". It has some info on Clevelands, but it's and American book so mostly covers windsors and big blocks.

In terms of rebuilds generically, the Clevo is not a lot different than the 429-460 big blocks (except for physical size of course). Thats why some call it the little big block.

Years ago (early 90s) Street Machine (I think) released a "mini series" of magazines (only 2 or 3 in the series I think) that went through the building of a 351C. Perhaps contacting street machine would be a good idea. The good thing about that is that is it's Australian.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:30 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Along similar lines to the above post, it is difficult finding anything specific to the clevo, especially in relation to stroking them as this is a relatively recent phenomenon.

The best thing you can do is educate yourself in the black arts of automotive math and come to grips with what is true blueprint building.

There are two books easily available through book dealers or on US Ebay (you won't find them on the Aussie site) that would be of use to you.

The Step-by-Step Guide to Engine Blueprinting - practical methods for racing and rebuilding - how to modify pistons, cranks & connecting rods; increase performance, basic assembly tips, use precision tools, prepare components, compute compression, degree a camshaft, and assemble cylinder heads - written by Rick Voegelin, revised in 2002 by Ed Staffel with 32 extra pages

(sorry i don't have the ISBN for this book)

Pro Engine Blueprinting Author: BEN WATSON
This do-it-yourself guide is applicable to all engines and manufacturers, and describes what blueprinting is, what it does, and why its important to you. Planning, tools, reading and understanding blueprints, cylinder blocks, crankshafts, connecting rods and more are covered to keep you in tune with your engine.

Format: Softbound
Pages: 144
Length: 8.25w x 10.5h
ISBN: 0760304246

After reading this it will either arm you with what you need to know and take into account in building horsepower or otherwise it'll put you right off doing it to the point you just take it to an engine builder and have them deal with it.

HTH Aaron

EA SVO Fairmont Ghia - Recaros, Bilsteins, Sunroof, SVO rims and body kit, Genie headers, DBA rotors. T5 steeda triax short shifter. 3.27 lsd. (EL 4.0 ported/polished, rebuilt and balanced, Dev5 cam. J3 chipped EL ecu, AU injectors).

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

It must be said that a Clevo doesn't really hold any nasty surprises in it like a stroker Chev or Windsor does, as far as block modifications go. FoMoCo kept the majority of the internals pretty simple too, cam is dot to dot, caps are all numbered etc etc...

Books on performance engine design and assembly would be of more benefit than a specific Cleveland book, and also readily available.

TE50 T1 P01

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]