Fordmods Logo

au fairmont wagon 5L mods 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: au fairmont wagon 5L mods
Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I've just brought a v8 au fairmont wagon and want to up the power. they have 175kw at factory but i want more!! can anyone tell me what sort of power i would get from an extractor/exhaust system (2.5") and getting it rechipped by unichip?

Also looking for a body kit to suit the wagons. anyone got any ideas where to start looking?

5.0L black au fairmont wagon 18" FPV rims

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

The only difference between the non-xr 175kw, and the AU1 XR 185kw, was extractors and exhaust....so you could expect at least that much.

A Unichip is not actually a chip, so it wont "re-chip" your car. It is an Interceptor, which means it is a seperate computer that is wired in to modify signals from load and ignition sensors. By doing that, it tricks the ECU into to doing what it wants it to do.

Some Hurricane extractors and cat back, plus a custom edit tune would be the way to go IMO.

Hurricane are in Liverpool, and you could get the tune from a few places in Sydney...Autotech Engineering, Croydon Racing Developments, and others.

I would think currently your making about 120rwkw, after mods, probably more like 140-150rwkw.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]