Fordmods Logo

AU II XR8 Cam position sensor 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: AU II XR8 Cam position sensor
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:02 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU 2 XR8 sedan

TAS, Australia

hey guys, hoping someone might be able to help me.
I have just installed a crane 2031 cam into my xr8, but we took the cam sensor out with out reading the book :oops: and now i have found out that it should of had a tool put on it so it can be lined up when it goes back in.
had a search on the net and i cant find anything to help with aligning it up with out the tool. spoke to ford and they had no idea.

has anyone removed theirs and put it back? or any one installed one from scratch, the engine is on TDC #1 atm, but just not sure where the sensor is supposed to be pointing.

any help would be appreciated

AU 2 XR8 Sedan, Venom Red, Leather, premium brakes, premium sound, unichip. 170rwkw

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:34 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

you aint the lone ranger mate :lol: ....i did the same thing ...the local ford dealer borrowed me the tool and i took a drawing of it
if you take the cap off the top of it with the motor on tdc and firing on number 1....there are like slots in the outer housing the piece in between should be facing the front of the motor and parallel with the camshaft (if you imagine a line running through the centre of the motor)
the centre shaft has a slot in it like a distributor the slot also needs to face the front of the motor and very slightly to the left of the centre of outer housing piece between the 2 slots.......youll find the position ok as a tooth either side is way out
hope this helps ......if not i could fax the drawing through if you need it ...good luck
Muzz

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:40 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

the slightly to the left for the centre shaft is when you are standing in front of the car looking at it :D

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

thanks for that. lined it as u said, also checked a mates car and that was the same.

Cheers
Tim

AU 2 XR8 Sedan, Venom Red, Leather, premium brakes, premium sound, unichip. 170rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Well im back to square one. Had the car's codes read out of the diag. port today and it had a cam sensor fault and a coil pack fault. We cleared them and started the car up, then read them back and all was good. So we took the car for a drive and yep you guessed it both of them are back again. Reading the workshop manual it says its to do with the cam sensor again :?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]