Fordmods Logo

AU inlet manifolds. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 95 EF XR8

QLD, Australia

I've got an AUIII 5.0L from an XL tonner, so it's the 175KW engine. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this motor and the XR8 motor? Does my motor have GT40P heads on it already? I was told they do but wasn't sure. Same with the explorer manifold - were they only fitted on the XR8's or all AU 5.0L's? I'm keen to get some real grunt out of this thing, it sounds great but the 6 in my BA falcon would smoke it all day long.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

I've got a Edelbrock Performer EFi manifold for sale. It comes with a 70mm Edelbrock throttlebody. It cost about NZ$1000 to get to NZ including import tax and shipping and conversion rate.

I spend $400 getting it polished as well! Its in as new condition.

(I have an article from Ford muscle showing how the Edelbrock Performer is better than the Edelbrock RPM btw. Pretty much the best manifold you can get it seems)

here is a link to the auction:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =121620131

if anyone is interested can pm me :wink:

http://www.retrotech.co.nz

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:18 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

jamesy3 wrote:
I've got an AUIII 5.0L from an XL tonner, so it's the 175KW engine. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this motor and the XR8 motor? Does my motor have GT40P heads on it already? I was told they do but wasn't sure. Same with the explorer manifold - were they only fitted on the XR8's or all AU 5.0L's? I'm keen to get some real grunt out of this thing, it sounds great but the 6 in my BA falcon would smoke it all day long.

all au,s with cast iron heads are gt40p,s....main diff between the xr8,s is the cam and roller rockers 200kw has 1.6,s the 220 kw 1.7,s slightly different compression i think the 175kw is 9:1 ....220kw 9.4:1 the 220 was sposed to be port matched and has 70mm TB compared to 65 might be a slight difference in valve sizes not too sure
all au,s have explorer manifolds except T series
175, 200 ,220 all have different cams

hope this helps :)

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I mangaed to get a explorer manifold of ebay USA including freight for $240 all up.The poor bloke only quoted $45 US in freight to get it here & I noticed it cost him nearly $170 to post it by USPS,so that might give you an idea of freight charges.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

t series have the explorer also up to 220kw then the stroker 250kw got the different tickford trumpet style.series 1 xr8 have a different exhaust and thats the only difference between stock 175kw motor and 185kw.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

TAS, Australia

My mate got hold of the AU manifold, so the question now is is there anything else he needs in order to fit it? hes got the upper and lower manifold of course as well as the throttle body still attatched but it doesn't have bits on it like idle control i believe (from memory)

Someone further above mentioned a coolant pipe when he got his manifold.. whats with that? is there a pipe he needs?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2