Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: AU SIII TB + EGR Spacer
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:08 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: No fords at the mo' :-(

NSW, Australia

Guys,

Just confirming before I order them:

1. The AU SIII TB is 70mm and bolt straight up to my ED 5.0L, including any electronics?

2. The EGR Spacer form the AU SIII is also 70mm and bolt straight up to my ED 5.0L, including any plumbing?

My ED is Christmas project, I am looking for 40kws in 4 days!

Cheers

Chasing 162mph on the Salt! 4.2L. Both race cars now sold! :-( Maybe a small-block tractor puller! or a Lotus 7 Clubman is next! or a 351-stroker powered EB ... ?

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

what else have you got planned?

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ed falcon

NSW, Australia

Not sure if it will fit the mainfolds are different I could be wrong though.
Have you got the bigger maf to go with it?

HSV I JUST BEAT ONE !

AFF 05 NSW DYNO DAY STATE CHAMP

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:35 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

What else ...

Well it is gunna be kinda mild .... upgrade the ignition .... 70/75mm MAF from Mr. Landau .... maybe injectors .... full exhaust system .... K&N .... roller rockers, perhaps 1.8:1 from the states .... 'Explorer' manifolds if they come to hand at a good price .... Better set of heads ....

Just generally chase as much power as I can from the standard cam .... lets see what it can do ....

I am taking the car across to Perth Next March ... then once I return I am loooking at a 351 windsor stroker for it .... I alreadt hav sourced the manifolds .... chasing a block at the moment, so these mods are to tied me over for the build time ...

Chasing 162mph on the Salt! 4.2L. Both race cars now sold! :-( Maybe a small-block tractor puller! or a Lotus 7 Clubman is next! or a 351-stroker powered EB ... ?

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

5150 wrote:
1. The AU SIII TB is 70mm and bolt straight up to my ED 5.0L, including any electronics?

2. The EGR Spacer form the AU SIII is also 70mm and bolt straight up to my ED 5.0L, including any plumbing?

Yes both are 70mm but won't bolt straight up to an ED. I have done a couple but they require modification to the ED TPS and the throttle blade to get correct TPS voltages. Also the AU EGR spacer is just a spacer, no EGR ports. This means your EGR will not work and the EEC will throw fault codes. IMO much easier, and possibly cheaper to get a 70mm BBK/Edelbrock throttle body and spacer which will bolt straight up.

5150 wrote:
Well it is gunna be kinda mild .... upgrade the ignition .... 70/75mm MAF from Mr. Landau .... maybe injectors .... full exhaust system .... K&N .... roller rockers, perhaps 1.8:1 from the states .... 'Explorer' manifolds if they come to hand at a good price .... Better set of heads .....

Never seen 1.8 ratio windsor rockers and if they do there may be alignment and rocker cover clearance issues. General aftermarket rockers come in stock 1.6 ratio and the larger 1.72 ratio. Why not change the cam, if you do the heads or intake it would be a waste to keep the stock cam, it isn't bad but there are just so many better options out there.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:10 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Crower stainless steel roller rockers come in 1.8:1 .... Jessel also do them ....

As for changing the cam, I would like to see how much power I can get out it with just bolt on mods .... after all it is just to tied me over unitl the new engine ....

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont 5.0

SA, Australia

Well heads aren't classed as 'bolt-on' mods, and changing a cam is reletivly easy, as you have the heads and manifold off already. Changing the TB/MAF without changing the manifold and heads is pretty pointless. I've done it and didn't really pick up much power at all.

With the roller rockers, are you sure you're looking at V8 ford 5.0 parts, not chev parts?? I'm fairly sure the valves would hit the pistons with 1.8:1 RR's.

The TB and EGR spacer will bolt on, you need to remove the EGR system, and the water pipes that run into it.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EBII 220kw Tickford powered.

ACT, Australia

From what I have read in books and from the info gathered here, being an engineer, and built my fair share of engines, I would never look at 1.8:1 rockers unless you have the correct heads/springs and valves.

Valve to piston clearance, and valve spring compression are the biggest issue when changing rocker ratios. 1.72:1 is the largest I have put into a Ford V8 engine without big head work.

The car should be called "Frankenstien". EBII GLi skeleton, AU T2 220kw heart, AU2 brain, EF/EL for everything else.

"Bitza" Member 28 on FORDMODS v1.0 Joined 28-04-2002
"TS50EB" Member 300 on FORDMODS v1.1 Rejoined 6-11-2004

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:39 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

The valve clearance is no probs with the 1.8:1 rockers ... you can run cams with bigger lift than what these will offer with the standard cam ... As I was saying, I want to see how I go with bolt on stuff .... curiosity more than anything else ... A mag in the 'states got 400 HP from a standard HO cam with a 650cfm Holley, heads and good tuning ... how that translates to 'real world' as opposed to the dyno tricks is anyones' guess.

A biiger MAF will ordered soon .. I am looking at an 'Explorer' manifold set in the next couple of days.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]