Fordmods Logo

au v8 in his ed xr8 doable? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: au v8 in his ed xr8 doable?
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ford fairmont xf

QLD, Australia

hay guys my mates got a ed xr8 and he wants to put the au 220 kw engine in it is this a big job or fairly stright foward.can he use his ed gearbox. hell have to use the au ECU hay. do the engines bolt up to the same mounts. thanks

Post subject: Re: au v8 in his ed xr8 doable?
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

yazholes wrote:
hay guys my mates got a ed xr8 and he wants to put the au 220 kw engine in it is this a big job or fairly stright foward.can he use his ed gearbox. hell have to use the au ECU hay. do the engines bolt up to the same mounts. thanks

pull the cam sync sensor out and run the dizzy. Engine mounts are in the same spot. AU mounts are different to ED, but should bolt up. No an AU ECU isn't needed. Put new valve springs in, and I'd throw in a cam while the motor is out, the 220 cam is quite small.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

is there any kind of mods that he can do to the orignal engine that would get him near the same power but for less money au xr8 engine sutup wouldnt be sheap i wouldnt think. and we had a guy tell us that by working your engin you shorten its life is this true, i would have thor if you put performance parts in a engine and drove it half sencable it would last longer. thanks

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

ive been reading up a bit on this sight. if a standed ed xr8 has 165kw what if he got a set of gt40p heads and a au s3 intake manifold how mutch power would he roughly get?. around 190 to 200kw. thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]