AU xr8 

Page 3 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: AU xr8
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

tick4d_xr6 wrote:
G'Day just after a little help loking to buy an Au XR8. Just wanted to know what problems these cars have and what the difference is between series 1,2,3 is and any general coments anyone has on them. what should i be looking for when buying one.

Any help would be much apreciated thanks

What is your budget? Personally I'd look for a Series 3 XR8, or if you can find one a T1 or T2 TE50. Having driven both the XR8 and owning a T1, the TE is a better finished package. :)

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

I work in a engine shop and we see a lot more LS1's than windsors. The other problem with the LS1 is they are virtually a throw away block. 1 bore to 010" over and the block is buggered after that.

The Gen 4's and Alloytech have oil problems, had one of each in the last week alone, very rare to see a BA boss or 6 cyl thru the place.

BTW we do alot of work for both the local Holden and Ford dealers so we would see more than one that doesnt do dealer warranty work

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 284 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Interesting point.

both have crook examples. Ford V8's sound better no questions asked full money back guarantee. But they arnt quicker.

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
Interesting point.

both have crook examples. Ford V8's sound better no questions asked full money back guarantee. But they arnt quicker.

point being?????? :roll:

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
MilleniumFalcon wrote:
Decent exhaust is expensive is bout the only problem I can think of.

Think the series 1 came with a 185kw engine, and series 2 and 3 had the 220kw.
Plus the series 1 looks ugly in all models :)

WRONG, Series 1 is 185kw, S2 200kw EXCEPT XR8 Rebel which is 220kw, Series 3 is 220kw... and whats wrong with the series 1 XR8, especially with the dual plane wing and ticky kit (no bias, just cause i own one like that)

Wrong again, late series 2 models had 220kw

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Post subject: Re: AU xr8
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

tick4d_xr6 wrote:
G'Day just after a little help loking to buy an Au XR8. Just wanted to know what problems these cars have and what the difference is between series 1,2,3 is and any general coments anyone has on them. what should i be looking for when buying one.

Any help would be much apreciated thanks

I don't see LS1 written in there at all. Maybe go start a thread about the difference between 302w and LS1 and keep this thread solely for the AU XR8??? That way I won't look in there cos I don't give a s**t about it :)

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:48 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

smoke_ wrote:
67RCE wrote:
MilleniumFalcon wrote:
Decent exhaust is expensive is bout the only problem I can think of.

Think the series 1 came with a 185kw engine, and series 2 and 3 had the 220kw.
Plus the series 1 looks ugly in all models :)

WRONG, Series 1 is 185kw, S2 200kw EXCEPT XR8 Rebel which is 220kw, Series 3 is 220kw... and whats wrong with the series 1 XR8, especially with the dual plane wing and ticky kit (no bias, just cause i own one like that)

Wrong again, late series 2 models had 220kw

I knew some series 2 came out with 220, I used to see them all the time before I came across the rebel :D. I've never seen an AU xr8 with a badge of 185 or 200 on the boot, but I saw many with 220 and they weren't series 3's.

Anyhow good luck to tick4d_xr6 and I hope he enjoys his purchase. And for perhaps a few more $'s perhaps take a look at a BA 3v v8, not a bad starting point for mods either I think.

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
Interesting point.

The guy wants an au v8,who gives a s**t bout crappy ls1 commodores,if you like them so bad sell your car and buy one, then join a gen3 site and wank on about them all you like and stop giving everyone here the s**t!
Also good luck to the guy chasing the au v8,they are a nice car to drive.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 284 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Of course they are nice to drive. im simply saying there is better stuff out there for the money.

If i was outlaying cash, id appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction so i get the best for my money

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
Steady ED wrote:
Hi EB V8.

No question LS1 is a good donk, but VT2s and VXs are s**t with mac struts and a s**t trailing arm IRS. Oh wait... VP-VZ, sorry :lol:
If all he was looking for in a car was the ability to do skids and go fast, I would have no qualms recommending the VT or VX.
And hes just stated hes a die hard one eyed ford fan (whether I agree with that or not doesnt matter), so let it sliiiiiiiide bro.

Who is EB V8?

Anyhow what do you think my XR6T will run with 280rwkw 4 speed auto, bigger intercooler? running 14psi tappering off to 12psi? 12.5?

Well it would not be the first time EB V8 crawled back in, anyway EB V8 was a moron, he probably has already run out of oil between services in his LS1 powered Commonwhore and had to purchase a new car by now, probably annoying the Daewoo forum guys by now, the man could only count to 24, once he counted 12 fingers after he removed his velcro gloves, he then pulled his oversized gumboots off to finish counting, he would often have to recount by then.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

I hope EB V8 didn't forget to slap up some Chevrolet and Lumina badges on his LS1 when they came out. I mean I'd be embarrassed too if I had to drive around a Commodore badged car everyday.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:40 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

The WINDSOR I can honestly say is slightly down on performance when compared to the LS1. But on another note for an engine that was engineered 3 decades ago using just pen and paper its not too bad. No hollow cams or lightened crankshafts here!

The thing oozes character and is near indestructible and these are the things that won me over.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

AMEN!!!! brother :twisted:

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
The WINDSOR I can honestly say is slightly down on performance when compared to the LS1. But on another note for an engine that was engineered 3 decades ago using just pen and paper its not too bad. No hollow cams or lightened crankshafts here!

The thing oozes character and is near indestructible and these are the things that won me over.

slightly down... pfff, its slightly down on the i6 for performance, dont even get up and dance near a LS1

XR6 AU Extractors, exhaust, XR Snorkel.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Thats interesting ive got on film my little windsor fairmont smokeing a 300 gto monaro manual ......against my auto ......not once ....but 3 times

also a 255kw clubspoof.....oops is that how you spell it :wink:

and thats only fords nana car :lol: :lol: :lol:

at a proper dragstrip too.......not at the lights in town

people like you dont deserve FORDS!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next