Fordmods Logo

Au xr8 ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Au xr8 ute
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Hi i would just like to know what these utes run down the quarter and what motor they came with.

Thanks Brad

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

until recently i thought the utes had the same upgrades as the sedans but heard they got stuck with the 185kw series 1 version throughout. not sure how true that is.

had a quick check of my magazine rack and it appears in 02 they had a 200kw donk so obviously didn't follow same upgrades as sedans.

down the 1/4 they are anywhere from a mid to high 14sec. for the 200kw. earlier ones could've been even slower but i have nothing to go by. these are magazine times though and only indicitive of that car on that day. it is common for people to take there cars down the 1/4 and do a lot better than the journo's.

with yours, you could see high 13's with exhaust, intake, cam, and diff gears. mind you for about the same price as all those mods you could supercharge it and garauntee 13's.

i'm very new at the v8 scene so my knowledge is largely based on what i read and not experience.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo, EF 5.0L V8 Turbo

VIC, Australia

dads au1 xr8 ute (auto) did a 15.1 stock... 185kw

EF V8T 11.54 @118mph

Post subject: au utes
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Thanks for replys, i dont own a ute i just wanted to know how id fair against one i have light mods, eg diff gears, elec shift kit, full exhaust.

Just wondering if it would be worth getting underdrive pulleys and roller rockers 1.72.

Brad

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

what do you drive?

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:18 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

EB2 sxr8 auto, its getting an ed fairmont ghia interior today :D.
Its got a few light mods already still e7 heads with ho inlet.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

i reckon you'd need a cam at least to trouble an au although the eb's do have a reasonable weight advantage.

i have a touch over 160rwkw. combined with 3.9diff i can more than trouble a ba let alone an au. i had a run with a 297 clubbie (6.0) and could stay by his rear door till about 80ish and even at 100 he'd only pulled a car length or two and was no longer pulling away. only engine mods i had at the time was cam, ported e7 heads and intake and mafless tune with microtech. i now have gt40p's which combined with the std ho manifold only picked up 4.4kw peak and about 7kw in the curve. manifold is holding it back.

although there is quite a bit of money in these mods it does make the eb's go quite hard. a manual box would probably lose a little less than an auto and the gearing would be shorter still. i can't tell you the cost as i bought mine modded. all i've done is fit the heads recently which all up set me back about $800.

go the mighty boxcar. don't let anyone tell you different :D

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:06 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Do you recon under drive pulleys from bpt would be good aswell as 1.72 roller rockers.

Im not going to change heads, but am thinking of upgrading ho inlet to explorer + associated bits.

Brad

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]