Fordmods Logo

au220kw into el xr6 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: au220kw into el xr6
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

has any one seen or heard of anyone fitting an au s3 xr8 220kw motor in an el xr6? would would need to be done to accomplish this? would also like no know if its hard to bolt up a t56 on it as well.

what would be involved in all of this without having to modify the k frame?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Post subject: Re: au220kw into el xr6
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:25 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Just get yourself an EL V8 loom, dizzy and a few other bits, it will drop straight in the hole. I6 and V8 K frames are the same. V8 ECU and BCM are also required. You can also get a J3 for your ECU to get around the ECU issue. You will need a Mal Wood T56 kit to go in. Oh, and plenty of $$. I6's are cheap as s**t to muck round with, V8's require a much thicker wallet.

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon EBII/EF Turbo

VIC, Australia

will he need v8 springs too, to cope the extra weight?

vaaaaaauuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm ppsshhhhhhhhhhhhhtt vaaaaauuuummmmmm

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
Just get yourself an EL V8 loom, dizzy and a few other bits, it will drop straight in the hole. I6 and V8 K frames are the same. V8 ECU and BCM are also required. You can also get a J3 for your ECU to get around the ECU issue. You will need a Mal Wood T56 kit to go in. Oh, and plenty of $$. I6's are cheap as s**t to muck round with, V8's require a much thicker wallet.

ok so fitting an el v8 loom and dizzy will solve my issue with the electrics and ecu wise i can use my one with a j3? im still wondering with the t56 thought so ill see when he time comes what im going to do with that one, do i have to modify my k-frame in any way or do i modify the sump? being an au mtor and an el shell? and what doo you mean by "V8's require a much thicker wallet" ?? what will cost so much?

Ash wrote:
bunghole wrote:

That's the least of his issues. I'd be more concerned about tunnel clearance. Every other car that I have seen go from a 4/5 speed to a T56 or even a TKO needs some extra height in the tunnel to fit.

nicco fitted one in in his build didnt seem to have much of an issue other then the gear stick sat abit further back

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

Ash wrote:
bunghole wrote:

That's the least of his issues. I'd be more concerned about tunnel clearance. Every other car that I have seen go from a 4/5 speed to a T56 or even a TKO needs some extra height in the tunnel to fit.

big hammers fix everythin. :lol: :lol:

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yepp been done need to ask him if he did anything else but yeah his done it ill ask him exactly how though

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the-garage-f53/nicco-s-ef-new-direction-page-19-t68319-285.html

thats the link there for ya if you were interested in checking it out ash :)

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah mate your right. i kinda missed that part too untill i re read it....my bad :P

there might be a kit or something to fit in earlier cars.might have to check it out :)

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

T56 would be an over kill for a 220kw v8 wouldnt it ?
Go the turbo 6 mate.

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

whats wrong with using the 5 speed whickh bolts upto the AU 5 litre?

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

Ash wrote:
T56's are not dear in the States, when you see what they are going for over there compared to what they are here, I think you'll be opting for the American one and modifying what needs to, to have it fit.

The going rate over there is around the 7-9 hundred dollar mark. They will be out of a 30-50 thou mile old Mustang. Look up some of the Modular engine forums and look in the classifieds. Most days there will be one advertised.

Will they have a compatible speedo sender signal? AFAIK they are internal. I don't know if they are or are not compatible with an Aussie ecu which uses a Hall Effect sensor. But there is a special option Ford T56 which has the "mechanical speedo drive" option, however I don't believe these were fitted to production cars.

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:19 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Thicker wallets are needed, once you start playing with V8 alot more stuff is out there to be had when it comes to modifying, unfortunatly, this stuff costs money, Head for a I6, $600 including mild port cleanup, Heads for a V8, $1600 conservativly, Then there is all the little extras that you will come across that you need when doing the conversion, just consumable items and what not. I was not trying to be a vauge smartass, just be aware that playing V8's does absorb more coin than I6's. Gearbox, I6 manual conversion can be had for 500-600ish, V8 conversion, almost 2k for warranted good gear.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

AU 5.0L with coil packs, EL interior and BTR. Look up TS50EB or bitza was his old name.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
Thicker wallets are needed, once you start playing with V8 alot more stuff is out there to be had when it comes to modifying, unfortunatly, this stuff costs money, Head for a I6, $600 including mild port cleanup, Heads for a V8, $1600 conservativly, Then there is all the little extras that you will come across that you need when doing the conversion, just consumable items and what not. I was not trying to be a vauge smartass, just be aware that playing V8's does absorb more coin than I6's. Gearbox, I6 manual conversion can be had for 500-600ish, V8 conversion, almost 2k for warranted good gear.

hahaha all good mate im open to any help. to be honest when im going to do it the money wont be the problem side of things, i just want to know.what and how things will need to be done?

can it fit straight in without any modifing to be done to the sump or k-frame?

from what i understand i can fit an el xr8 dizzy and j3 my computer to make it work?

if i decide to stick with my btr with a stally will the bell housing off my au motor fit or will i need a v8 tranny or will i get away with just changing the bellhousing?

will engine mounts line up?

do i need to change radiator, a/c pump hoses ect, heater hose positioning ect.

One Drone wrote:
AU 5.0L with coil packs, EL interior and BTR. Look up TS50EB or bitza was his old name.

cheers mate ill look into it mate.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

You will need a V8 Bellhousing as well as a V8 Box either way, manual or Auto.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next