Fordmods Logo

AU3 XR8 Ute, what do ya think. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: AU3 XR8 Ute, what do ya think.
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Gday guys another nubie hear, looks like a good site you have got hear with a lot of good info and knowable people I will try not to piss you all off LOL.

Anyway down to business> I am looking at a 2002 AU3 XR8 Ute with 80,000k on it Manuel, No leather Sadly. It looks to be in good condition asking price is $20500.

Have spoken to a friends mate who is a mechanic at ford and he basically said they are a good car Engine is Bullet proof, Diff is nothing spectacular, and thay Can suffer from brake shudder

Spoken to a FPV salesman friend of the families a wile ago and he said the AU’s are chit and the BA’s are a much better car, Hay no augments there but I don’t what a BA XR8 still a bit pricey for me and I want to do a bit of work to the old 302, and besides not every body has a AU XR8 the BA XR’s are flaming everywhere I want something that’s a little different.

Not looking to be the fasted car on the strip, just looking to have a nice neat, reasonably quick and unique Ute that will stand out a bit.

So what are people’s options on the series 3 XR8’s and is this a decent price for one.

Cheers.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Au 3's are great. I sold my BA monte and went back to an AU3 XR8. Great car. AU 1 are s**t IMO but thats the same with most all series 1's.

AU3 XR8 220 Sedan
AU3 XLS w/Tickford 6

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Thanks mate, What do ya think about the price, is $20500 good for one of these ,80,000k’s is a little more than I wanted thoe.

. But I like the colure; it’s got 2win dumpers on it but no Extractors. If it had leather too I would be stocked, just don’t know weather I should wait a bit longer to see if one comes a long with the leather, but don’t want to miss out on a good buy at the same time.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

cousin just got a series 3 AU XR8 manual with 90000klms for 18,500 so prob could do a bit better, but dont know what the market is lke down there

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:10 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The utes always go for a bit more, especially when they are manual.
Taking into account cars seem to be more expensive out west, it doesn't seem that bad, for a series III.
I wouldn't be worried about 80,000kms... the 302s will go forever!
I like the look of the AU utes, avoids that ugly a*** the sedans have :D
Check it out, see what it looks in the flesh and how it drives, and if it's nice and you want it, get it!
Let us know how it goes.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
T
I like the look of the AU utes, avoids that ugly a*** the sedans have :D

dont let frank see that.... hahahahahaha

he will pop a vein in his brain

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:19 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Pursuit 250

NSW, Australia

Really want to be different and own something rare, a limited edition only a handful made, spend the extra and go the rare bird, check this out. I own one they are awesome and it S**ts on BA's and has BA GT's too scared to go the distance.
, they back off when they realise it might get embarassing

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 3AVRI&rd=1

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

With out a doubt yes, I would swing to 28000 for a 5.6 stroker.

But Bugger, after a bit of thinking and discussion (And that is always dangerous), the rational thinking of family members has won, Yet again!!!LOL .

I got a few issues to sort out with the 4WD (Electrical) that are going to take time and possibly more money than I originally thought to sort out, so sadly I have decided that the XR8 is going to have to wait till a bit later in the year

The game plan was to get the XR8 prep it up for storage till the end of the year, but after some thought, space might be an issue and I would also like to get all the other little niggly problems sorted out on the 4By before I commit to another car.

I am not to happy about it because I really liked this one, but am sure I can find another one like it or better in few months time hopefully.

Cheers guys.

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Yeah could go a lil cheaper on the price. Fact is that they are superseeded and the used market is average to poor at the moment. 18-19 Max IMO.

I'd seriously look at the T series for the extra though! As long as you would look after it. If it's actually to use everyday you'd prolly go the XR.

AU3 XR8 220 Sedan
AU3 XLS w/Tickford 6

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

im interested, wherd u see it?

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Mate, I look after all the cars I have had, I can’t stand dents or scratchers or dirty interiors. When the 4WD gets scratched when I am off-road, I get p****d off about it LOL, then when I get home I sit there trying to buff scratchers out of the metallic paint, Note that one> if you ever buy a 4WD don’t get the metallic paint LOL

“18-19 Maxâ€￾
Yeah I see plenty around for 18-19000 but most have over 100,000k’s on em, I don’t want anything with more than 90,000 on it at the most, 80,000 or below is what I am after, so that kinda narrows the market down a bit so I know I will probably end up spending a little more to get the one I want.

Will probably end up buying it over east as in WA they are all overpriced in my books and even with transport and getting it re-licensed, I will still come out $2000-$4000 ahead.

Cheers.

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Covers, the XR6 Just isn’t cutting it any more hay?

I tell you what< I am going to call the dealer tomorrow to see if we can’t come to an arrangement about the sales date and price, if I reconsider or can’t reach an agreement with them I will tell you the name of the dealer and the salesman to talk too, Ok.

The car is not in WA!!! If this I s a problem for you just say so and I will keep the info to myself and hope it doesn’t sell in the next month an a bit LOL

Cheers.

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:24 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Hiace Van

SA, Australia

go for the ute dont worry abut the little extra cost, as far as leather goes you can always get the seats retrimmed the drivers side seems to flatten out a bit. I have the series 3 tickford built ute its great but auto lets it down easy smooth drive no complaints.

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

yerr dont worry bout it then. chasin 1 in wa.

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]