AUII V8 stats inquiry 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: AUII V8 stats inquiry
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

VIC, Australia

hey all

I have a 2000 AUII Fairmont Ghia V8 and i just did a major service on it. i did everything...from the transmission service to the spark plugs. now i put iridium spark plugs in there for a better and longer lasting spark. now im putting in my stainless steel herrod exhaust system and a set of AUII xr8 extractors for better airflow.

Now my car dyno at 127.8 rwkw before i bought it. im aiming for aorund 150 rwkw.

Do you guys think i can get close to it was the exhaust system and the extractors????

i also put a K&N panel filter on it and cleaned the throttle body for better response.

also...what else should i do to it so i can aim for the 150-160 rwkw mark???

JETEA - ROARN8 - AUII Fairmont Ghia, V8, leather, sunroof, SAT NAV etc. 175KW

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

You'll probably find you'll make your 150 with those mods. Chuck in a set of BPT underdrives as well and get yourself a tweecer or switch chip tune and you'll be well over 150.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Cant actually fit the underdrives to AU's, they are basically as underdriven as you wanna go as std.
TwEECer also isnt an option on the AU's, i'm pretty sure, someone may correct me if im wrong.

You should see a nice gain with the AU XR8 extractors and herrod system but i would have went for Pacemakers, hurricanes, difillipos etc instead, to get that little bit more.

Next you'd probly wanna go some sort of cold air intake to get some better airflow in to go with the better airflow out.

Then a flash tune should really set it all off and i have no doubt it will take you over 150rwkw.

AFAIK the biggest killer of those AU's is the std camshaft.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

haha... ignorance is bliss! I meant flash tune :P

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

VIC, Australia

yeah...thanks for the tips boys....i want to maybe do something internally to the motor so getting some bigger gains without spending to much money....like cam or injectors or bigger throttle body...

not sure which one yet...most likely ill get the flash tune so i can bump it up to around 160-170 rwkw....that would be heaps for me...

also...what is the best mod to improve take off and launch off the line....without changing the diff ratio?????

cheers

JETEA - ROARN8 - AUII Fairmont Ghia, V8, leather, sunroof, SAT NAV etc. 175KW

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:23 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

as said head work and cam is what makes them come alive.....you could fit a tickford intake snorkel and high flow filter ...relatively cheap

i have the same car and IMO you want to work to torque down low....not upper end....tri y headers would be better

mines puttin out 524nm of torque and the motor hasnt been out of the car so theyre really detuned in stock form......wait till you see the stock exhaust sittin on the ground youll see what i mean :lol: :lol:

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

i wouldnt bother with injectors or t/body just yet, you should have the 24s and 65mm t/body already and they are a good start. cam change dont come cheap unless you can do it your self and depending on cam choice you might wana change valve springs to suit the cam so there is a bit more coin gone. if i were you id do the mods you said youve got there and prob a cappa flash tune or the likes and look at geting a bit more air into her via a bigger snorkel and you should be prety happy with the gains you will make. best bet to get her off the line would be a stally (i guess its auto) or a diff ratio change.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]