Availability of hoses.. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Availability of hoses..
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

Hi All, I am about to start a 5L conversion. I am having an issue with a lot of V8 specific parts for the E-series (as opposed to those that are shared with the 6 cyl)

I have tried the better of the auto parts places in my area (which are Burson's and Auto One), and they are telling me that for a lot of the parts on my list, they are genuine only.

As a result, I have ordered a lot of the parts form Fraud. Now, the Ford dealer has told me that one of the hester hoses that runs between the engine and the heater tap are is discontunued (the rest they have in sotck).

While I can just get a piece of normal heater hose and bend it to suit, I would rather not. Is there anywhere in Sydney that is likely to have these hoses?

Cheers
Chris

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Post subject: Re: Availability of hoses..
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

a_total_tool wrote:
Hi All, I am about to start a 5L conversion. I am having an issue with a lot of V8 specific parts for the E-series (as opposed to those that are shared with the 6 cyl)

I have tried the better of the auto parts places in my area (which are Burson's and Auto One), and they are telling me that for a lot of the parts on my list, they are genuine only.

As a result, I have ordered a lot of the parts form Fraud. Now, the Ford dealer has told me that one of the hester hoses that runs between the engine and the heater tap are is discontunued (the rest they have in sotck).

While I can just get a piece of normal heater hose and bend it to suit, I would rather not. Is there anywhere in Sydney that is likely to have these hoses?

Cheers
Chris

I find it funny that they don't do hoses aftermarket afaik you can purchase the taps aftermarket,

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Which heater hose is it? if you didnt mind having a second hand one, i can give you mine off my spare motor.

Or give peps at Hoxten park road a call because thats were i ordered mine from.

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

There is a company in Aussie that does all the coolant hoses aftermarket. Repco NZ and Supercheap NZ both source from them, so Repco and Supercheap Australia probably do as well. I can't remember the name, but someone else will. I'll call my local supplier tomorrow and post if nobody else has by then. Price here is about half what Ford charge.

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

The two heater hoses from what I can tell are close enough to be the same/interchangable, which is why now Ford (and everywhere else) only list one.

Be careful of the thermostat to waterpump hose (the small dog leg one) I bought an aftermarket one (Mackay brand) and within a few days it had split down a seam in the hose. Replaced it with a genuine one.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Looking through the Mackay catalog, the only hose that isnt available from them is the top radiator hose.

http://mackayrubber.com.au/pdf/HoseWeb.pdf

As for heater hoses, you need two CH1799, one CH1800 and one CH1801

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mackay was the Australian brand name I was searching for. Hopefully your experience was a once-off. I used their thermostat bypass hose and heater hose (waterpump to hardline) on a clients rather expensive rebuild a few months ago.

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:22 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

Gates does them all except the top block to rad hose(genuine Fraud only !!).

Just bought the 2 hoses for the water pump to heater bypass....$78 for 6 inches of hose...what a joke - and made in mexico!!

Have fun and try Repco - bottom hose(with 2 x clamps) cost me $23...good value when Ford wanted $59...Grrr

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL XR6

ACT, Australia

Mackay supplies (or used to) most of Ford's OEM hoses anyway so they should be the same.

I need to replace the two small bypass hoses on the front of the motor soon too. Rockauto.com in the USA has the small dogleg hose for the 5.0 V8 Ford Explorer for $5 or so... does anyone know if these are the same as ours? IIRC the water pumps are different so maybe not...

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Yeah is the same.

Only difference between the AU/Explorer water pump and E-series/94-95 Mustang one is the depth of the snout on the pump, doesnt effect the hoses.

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Sturmovik wrote:
Yeah is the same.

Only difference between the AU/Explorer water pump and E-series/94-95 Mustang one is the depth of the snout on the pump, doesnt effect the hoses.

The thermostat bypass hose is the same but there are some other differences besides overall depth.

- The waterpump hose barb for the waterpump to hardline is 5/8" on AU and 3/4" on E-series and SN-95 5.0 Mustangs. So you need to get the correct hose to suit your model when replacing this one

- The bolt circle for attaching the pulley is larger for the AU than the E-series and this in turn is larger than the SN-95 5.0 Mustangs.

- The centring hole in the pulley is larger for the AU than the E-series and this in turn is larger than the SN-95 5.0 Mustangs.

Last edited by xafalcon on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

I RECENTLY ASKED PAPA SMURF FOR THE TOP RADIATOR HOSE,the last one i bought was around 72 and now is around 120 ish,i had a few leaking ones hanging around so i made a aluminium joiner to use the good bits,as they leak on the join seams.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:08 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: XF 5 LIT P/ VAN EF 5 LIT FUTURA

VIC, Australia

One of the bypass hoses is diff on AU to E Series has a larger end on one. Cause I fitted an Au pump to my EF. Pump Pulley is diff on AU as well. Regards TPVM.

SALT IS FOR RACING ON; SAUCE IS FOR FISH & CHIPS.

SALT IS FOR RACING ON. SAUCE IS FOR FISH & CHIPS.

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL XR6

ACT, Australia

Thanks guys. Turns out the small bypass hose CH998 and pump to hardline hose CH2478 (AU only) are listed in Supercheap's catalouge at $18 and $6 respectively - cheaper than ordering from rockauto.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]