BA XR6 - Upgrade to a V8 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BA XR6 - Upgrade to a V8
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2006 BF XR8 Boss 260

New Zealand

Hi Team,
Have a tidy XR6 I'm wanting to poke a 8 into. What is the best path to take?

XR8 Engine? What issues will I run into?

Crate Engine, issues?

Will it bolt onto XR6 Auto? Wiring differences?

I must have a 8.

Current...
XY Faker Project...
EL XR6 Work Hack...

Post subject: Re: BA XR6 - Upgrade to a V8
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: au ute, fg xr6 sedan

QLD, Australia

i guess the easiest way would be to sell the 6 and buy an 8 less painfull and in the long run chaeper.
like all things though it is doable but all comes to time and money.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

mok1275 wrote:
i guess the easiest way would be to sell the 6 and buy an 8 less painfull and in the long run chaeper.
like all things though it is doable but all comes to time and money.

+1 buy an 8

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

no it wont bolt up to the auto. no the wirings different. no its wont sit on the 6cyl Kframe.
waste of fuken time and heaps of money. not to mention you will have to upgrade everythin to v8 sec.

just buy a v8.
if your gona go xr8 get a bf.
or even a mont or somthin get bf onward.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FB wagon

SA, Australia

The easiest way would be to buy a written off xr8. That way you will have everything you need

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well, it WILL sit on the X Member as the both of them are the same from BA to BF and the Alloy one is the same from AU to BF.

Maybe you could buy a V8 write-off? then you will get all you need. :)

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo, EF 5.0L V8 Turbo

VIC, Australia

It'll be easier to buy an XR8 to start with, but if you have some time to spare it shouldn't be too hard to do the conversion.
If you can get a wreck for a decent price it should work out ok, also means you dont have to go through the trouble of selling yours and finding another decent one, transfer fee's etc.

XR8 will have different Gearbox, tailshaft, diff + rear end, wiring, computers etc.

EF V8T 11.54 @118mph

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8 + AUIII XR6

NSW, Australia

Then u got an XR6 with a V8 in it? Almost as bad as those wankers with Holdens and a Chev badge attached. If its that clean you'll get good money for it. Get an XR8, much easier and the way it was meant to be..

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:57 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

If you really want to keep your XR6, as the guy's have said, get an 8cyl donor car and switch it all over. You could also get a coyote engine or even a 4.6 '03-'04 Cobra engine both of which will bolt straight onto a B-series V8 trans. It'll be a case of custom or modded 5.4 headers and some reflashing of the PCM.
Putting a V8 in an XR6 is a damn good idea! and is nothing like those wankers who put chev badges on holdens!
They're all Falcons no matter what engine they started with...you're just improving it outta sight! :D

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
If you really want to keep your XR6, as the guy's have said, get an 8cyl donor car and switch it all over. You could also get a coyote engine or even a 4.6 '03-'04 Cobra engine both of which will bolt straight onto a B-series V8 trans. It'll be a case of custom or modded 5.4 headers and some reflashing of the PCM.
Putting a V8 in an XR6 is a damn good idea! and is nothing like those wankers who put chev badges on holdens!
They're all Falcons no matter what engine they started with...you're just improving it outta sight! :D

Thats right, turn Australias best 6 into what used to be the best 6 with an 8 in it? I cant afford the petrol on my XR8 so im gunna put a 6 in it? If you were a genuine Ford fan, you may appreciate my opinion on simply keeping a good thing, a good thing. Not an insult at all, but just makes more sense in every way in my mind. I think an upgrade to a genuine xr8 will be a great idea, and the 6 should go to someone who loves it as is. Sorry but not a fan of ruining a good thing...

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:12 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

TIAMO wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

Thats right, turn Australias best 6 into what used to be the best 6 with an 8 in it? I cant afford the petrol on my XR8 so im gunna put a 6 in it? If you were a genuine Ford fan, you may appreciate my opinion on simply keeping a good thing, a good thing. Not an insult at all, but just makes more sense in every way in my mind. I think an upgrade to a genuine xr8 will be a great idea, and the 6 should go to someone who loves it as is. Sorry but not a fan of ruining a good thing...

Saying I'm not a genuine Ford fan just because I'm helping a guy modify his Ford on a forum called Fordmods is an insult. Not to mention you basically called anyone who modifys a Falcon a wanker.
Australias best 6 can go and be Australias best 6 in some other car like maybe an E-series Falcon. That's what Fordmods is all about...modifying!
As far as I'm concerned none of the Ford stuff is good enough in stock form, even Australias best 6 needs modifying to make it a really good thing.
Not meant to be an insult but makes more sense in every way in my mind.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
TIAMO wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

Saying I'm not a genuine Ford fan just because I'm helping a guy modify his Ford on a forum called Fordmods is an insult. Not to mention you basically called anyone who modifys a Falcon a wanker.
Australias best 6 can go and be Australias best 6 in some other car like maybe an E-series Falcon. That's what Fordmods is all about...modifying!
As far as I'm concerned none of the Ford stuff is good enough in stock form, even Australias best 6 needs modifying to make it a really good thing.
Not meant to be an insult but makes more sense in every way in my mind.

Wasnt talking to you f**k, f**k off if you cant handle other peoples opinions. Go staple a chev badge to your forehead and learn to read.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 am 
Site Admin

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

TIAMO wrote:
Wasnt talking to you f**k, f**k off if you cant handle other peoples opinions. Go staple a chev badge to your forehead and learn to read.

Dude, uncalled for. Have a holiday, no questions asked.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:34 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Holden Barina

SA, Australia

I agree. A v8 has no place in a car clearly labelled XR6 as a performance 6 cyl model. Possibly a standard Falcon, but not something known for its 6 cyl engine. BTW when was everyone who modifies falcons called a wanker?

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:06 am 
Site Admin

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Everyone can learn from TIAMO who has decided to join up with fake accounts to continue commenting. Fake accounts = lifetime bans.

:)

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next