Fordmods Logo

ba xr8 cams 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: ba xr8 cams
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ford ba xr8 ute

VIC, Australia

hi all just wondering if some one can tell me how good or what these cams are like they are to suit the ba xr8 5.4l 32v engine and they are off ebay from mmm performance auto parts just want to know if the give good power also im really after the lumpy sound of it mainly will i get that from these they also claim to be the biggest cam for the head but i have seen that crow is bigger specs the specs on these cams are 411 thou lift, 235 adv, 196 @ 50, 115 lobe sep.

Post subject: Re: ba xr8 cams
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

adrian collins wrote:
hi all just wondering if some one can tell me how good or what these cams are like they are to suit the ba xr8 5.4l 32v engine and they are off ebay from mmm performance auto parts just want to know if the give good power also im really after the lumpy sound of it mainly will i get that from these they also claim to be the biggest cam for the head but i have seen that crow is bigger specs the specs on these cams are 411 thou lift, 235 adv, 196 @ 50, 115 lobe sep.

115* LSA will not give a lumpy sounding idle...110* will....BUT....then, it wouldn't meet emmission standards then.
115* is good for supercharging/turbocharging/Nitrous.
196* @ 0.050" isn't a big cam......230* is a fair cam.....270* is a big cam.
Just givin you an idea is all.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford falcon

VIC, Australia

Oh ok cool what about herrod cams I can't find the specs but I herd they have good low down power and torque but crow cams make up top power but I mainly want a lumpy idle more power is only a plus

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ace87 wrote:
Oh ok cool what about herrod cams I can't find the specs but I herd they have good low down power and torque but crow cams make up top power but I mainly want a lumpy idle more power is only a plus

Try looking to the USA.....they had the same engines in the F series ( sporty ones), and Mustangs.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF XR8

VIC, Australia

ace87 wrote:

The specs for the Herrod cams are here: http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=herrod%20cam%20specs&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.herrodmotorsport.com.au%2FPortals%2F0%2Fproducts%2Fcamshafts%2Fcamshafts.pdf&ei=F4-gUMyAJsSjiget3ICoCA&usg=AFQjCNHUcVLTQOB-zuKUegFZxHtXq9Vqlg

Just got them fitted to my BF XR8 along with the DPE big boy 3" exhaust and a few other bits. I don't know if lumpy is the right word, but it sounds ridiculously tough. It's got to back to the shop to sort out an intake backfiring issue, and fit a quieter muffler, but when I get it back you're more than welcome to come hear it, or if you want the before/after dyno sheet let me know.

2006 BF XR8 Ego - Pod Filter, Air Box, Twin Throttle Body, Yella Terra Plenum, Herrod Cams, Oil Pump & Gears, 25% Underdrive, Extractors, High Flow Cats, 3" DPE Exhaust, 3.9 Diff Gears, 245/40/18 Kuhmo KU36, Custom Tune @ HP-F.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:27 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ford ba xr8 ute

VIC, Australia

hi again all thanks for every ones input but can some one tell what is the biggest cam as in lift duration that the boss 260 head can take as i have seen the specs from crow and herrod for this engine but have seen in the states for the 5.4l dohc that there specs are greater just wondering if i can purchase and install a set from the states and will they fit and be rite for my aussie boss 260 or are they abit different in the states

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]