Custom made twin 2.5" Stainless Steel exhaust with quad outlets
C.A.I Upgrade
Helix Power Tower Spacer
PowerStat Thermostat.
Race Underdrives
High Flow Injector Upgrade
Billet Oil Pump Gear Set
PCM Upgrade, Flash tune and custom generic BPT tune
this was pilfered straight from a post from a member of perth falcons and he pulled of 325.7rwhp or 242.8rwkw's just thought u mite like that..... little bro's hey! thats me and my cars quicker than my 2 older bros!!!! helps when one has a crumpledore!

mmmmmmmmmmm 220 manual goodness!

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:15 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Thanks 3x...that saved me some typing. :wink:
Ok, just some of those things from above ought to do it.
I'd go the U/D pulleys first.
"custom generic tune" doesn't make sense....I think he means Custom.
You'd certainly do better with a generic tune from BPT because it's a bit difficult to get to BPT for you. Most of the "generic" tunes out there only concentrate on a top end power increase(because people are hooked on peak figures for bragging rights) and forget about the low and mid range...BPT does not.
The helix plate is easy to put on so you could use one of those and its slightly noticeable on the bottom end(Ive got one on my GT).
Headers next. I'd use the pacemaker Tri-Y(not the 4 into 1) and wouldn't bother with high flow cats.
Thermostat works but personally I like to see an engine run hotter for durability reasons.
BPT sells a Plasma booster multiple spark ignition that works well too.

Pete.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

I think what 3x-puursui7 said is a bit much especially for the power it making? Craig at Aussie Car Enhancments was making 255rwkw (BA xr8 man) with...

Full DiFilippo exhaust
Helix spacer
Bluepower cai
Bluepower tune
Underdrives

Apart from that there's nothing else you really need to increase power but a MUST for any BOSS engine is the oil pump gears as the stock ones are rubbish. And with yours being an auto, you will make less power but with a 3000 Hi Stall and 4.10 lsd (they really liven the cars up as they have no go under 2500revs)

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FALCON XR8

QLD, Australia

Ok this is really good stuff really enjoying this. I have just today gone to Elite Automotive who are supposed to be pretty good and purchased a herrod helix spacer from him today for $100 (thought that was pretty good) was talking to him about custom tuning which was $795, plus then he suggested oil breathers $350 fitted and a de-carbon or something like that. I was all happy till he told me that this would probably gain me 12-20 rwkws( apparently there all different )I was alittle disappointed I thought that bigger gains than that would be made, but then he said the part that really made me happy , that it would be a lot more snappy thats what I'm after down low throttle response. Through work I can probably get my hands on a set of HM 4-2-1 headers I was going to do this before the tune anyway, just got to save my pennies. I am worried about these oil pump gears I dont rev the absolute ringer out of it hence more interested in throttle response and bottom end power and speaking to Chris at bluepower he said he did 500 passes and was pulling 11.7's before his let go. Underdrives was probably next step after headers, I'm hoping to sneak up to a really reponsive good torque low down get off the line lion but kicking Falcon, it wont happen overnight but it will happen.I noticed the CAI, I do have a secondary intake I had a tickford snorkel of my old EB 5.0LTR, will a Bluepower one make a big difference or am I better of using my money on something else like headers?. Thanks again Pete and all others who have contributed to this discussion its great ,get to talk to like minded people(ford fans) and learn heaps as well. :D

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:24 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

punktured wrote:
I think what 3x-puursui7 said is a bit much especially for the power it making? Craig at Aussie Car Enhancments was making 255rwkw (BA xr8 man) with...

Full DiFilippo exhaust
Helix spacer
Bluepower cai
Bluepower tune
Underdrives

Apart from that there's nothing else you really need to increase power but a MUST for any BOSS engine is the oil pump gears as the stock ones are rubbish. And with yours being an auto, you will make less power but with a 3000 Hi Stall and 4.10 lsd (they really liven the cars up as they have no go under 2500revs)

A 12kw difference between 2 dynos on opposite sides of the country is nothing....Ive seen that on the same day on the same dyno just purely from heatsoak!
Now apart from thermostat, injectors and oil pump gears the mods are basically the same. Injectors and oil pump gears aren't going to give a power increase. And once again these are only peak figures being quoted. I'd like to see the complete power and torque curve from both of these cars. Peak figures = meaningless drivel. Area under the curve is what's important.

Pete.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thats fair enough Pete, i just dont see the need to change injectors or the thermostat. Craigs ute ran 12.15 in race trim, just so you get a bit of an idea how it goes.

Mick, the Bluepower airbox will make much more of a difference then headers. From memory gains from the airbox are around 20-25rwkw where a full exhaust would be more like 12-15rwkw. And like i've been saying, boss's have nothing under 2500revs, so now matter how much you do to the engine it will still be a slug down low (unless its blown). So next time you talk to Chris ask him what kind of difference 4.10s make on the takeoff :)

A bit of a read on diff gears and hi stalls from Craig...

Quote:
I get asked many a time why do i push diff gear and hi-stall upgrades on the BA/BF. We all want extra RWKW's and that's fine but getting that figure usable in an efficient way is the key. The BA/BF is a heavy car that needs as much help as it can get. What i have below here is a dyno sheet which shows some obvious changes to the car.

Chris and myself tuned this BA GT-P about 2 weeks ago with the nett result being 279.2 RWKW's and 5700 Tractive Effort, now with a 4.10 diff upgrade and a 3000 hi-stall convertor fitted the changes in RWKW's is roughly the same but the tractive effort has climbed dramaticly to about 7600 roughly on average and look at the difference in power at the rear wheels.

At 60kms it was 100 RWKW's now 130 RWKW's
At 100 kms it was 145 RWKW's now 195 RWKW's
At 140 kms it was 215 RWKW's now 265 RWKW's

The difference on the road is staggering, last week i had a chap come in with a blown GT sedan that wasn't that happy with the inconsistent performance of his non-intercooled kit, so i took him for a spin in this GT and he was shocked that this was achievable from a N/A car and was disappointed to say the least. Keep an eye out here soon or in the trading post for a cheap blower kit.

Cruising on the highway at 100kms the tacho is sitting on 2,250 RPM which is not too high at all.

Some will tell you that hi-stalls and 4.10 diff gears are for the drag strip, that is absolute rubbish and it is a must mod for these big heavy BOSS powered cars.

Costing

Diff Gear Upgrade for a Sedan is $2150.00, Ute $1950.00
Hi-Stall = $1550.00 Supplied and Fitted.

Hope this is helpfull.

Cheers Craig

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just thought i'd post this up too regarding the billet oil pump gears... http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=63401

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:23 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

punktured wrote:
Thats fair enough Pete, i just dont see the need to change injectors or the thermostat. Craigs ute ran 12.15 in race trim, just so you get a bit of an idea how it goes.

Mick, the Bluepower airbox will make much more of a difference then headers. From memory gains from the airbox are around 20-25rwkw where a full exhaust would be more like 12-15rwkw. And like i've been saying, boss's have nothing under 2500revs, so now matter how much you do to the engine it will still be a slug down low (unless its blown). So next time you talk to Chris ask him what kind of difference 4.10s make on the takeoff :)

A bit of a read on diff gears and hi stalls from Craig...

Quote:
I get asked many a time why do i push diff gear and hi-stall upgrades on the BA/BF. We all want extra RWKW's and that's fine but getting that figure usable in an efficient way is the key. The BA/BF is a heavy car that needs as much help as it can get. What i have below here is a dyno sheet which shows some obvious changes to the car.

Chris and myself tuned this BA GT-P about 2 weeks ago with the nett result being 279.2 RWKW's and 5700 Tractive Effort, now with a 4.10 diff upgrade and a 3000 hi-stall convertor fitted the changes in RWKW's is roughly the same but the tractive effort has climbed dramaticly to about 7600 roughly on average and look at the difference in power at the rear wheels.

At 60kms it was 100 RWKW's now 130 RWKW's
At 100 kms it was 145 RWKW's now 195 RWKW's
At 140 kms it was 215 RWKW's now 265 RWKW's

The difference on the road is staggering, last week i had a chap come in with a blown GT sedan that wasn't that happy with the inconsistent performance of his non-intercooled kit, so i took him for a spin in this GT and he was shocked that this was achievable from a N/A car and was disappointed to say the least. Keep an eye out here soon or in the trading post for a cheap blower kit.

Cruising on the highway at 100kms the tacho is sitting on 2,250 RPM which is not too high at all.

Some will tell you that hi-stalls and 4.10 diff gears are for the drag strip, that is absolute rubbish and it is a must mod for these big heavy BOSS powered cars.

Costing

Diff Gear Upgrade for a Sedan is $2150.00, Ute $1950.00
Hi-Stall = $1550.00 Supplied and Fitted.

Hope this is helpfull.

Cheers Craig

I don't see the need for t-stat or injectors either but until I see Inj duty figures before the change I won't know if they were needed or not. It must have been safer to change them if the DC was close to the limit.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2