BA xr8 mods 

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BA xr8 mods
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba xr6 turbo

VIC, Australia

hey guys,

just after some ideas for my car.. not going full onn,, just little things to get the car running well..

i already have exhaust, underdrive pully and i pulled a 232kw at the wheels,
at the moment i am weaiting on a blue power air intake and was looking a herrod twin throttle body but at the moment it is on hold as they aint getting any extra power from it, then a custom tune and i am hoping for maybe around the 250kw mark,

now if you have any other ideas on some little things that could help the car breath or even increase the power that be great..

cheers

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba Xr8 Supercab

VIC, Australia

so what do have @ the wheels?

Long Live The Mighty Blue Oval

5 spd, 6 stacker, premium brakes, -20 window tint, twin 2.5'' zhorst, ss big bore cold air

Post subject: Re: BA xr8 mods
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

brendan thomas wrote:
i already have exhaust, underdrive pully and i pulled a 232kw at the wheels,

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

i know you said you have exhaust? does that include extractors? if not a set of them and some cams and a tune.
either that or a nos kit...

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Auto or manual? Get some shorter diff gears.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

Value for money cams are not worth it on a Boss.

Diff gears are a must for Boss engines due to the lack of low down power...

Auto - 4.11, 3000 stallie

6sp Man - 4.11, Ripshift

5sp Man - 3.7, Ripshift

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

was the car strapped down when it got dyno'd. seems a little generous to me.

dyno's are not really for bragging rights - just for tuning! but thats a can we don't really want to open.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey guys i wasnt tryin to brag just trying to give you an idea on what its got, yeah i have a difillipo full exhaust system headers and all, i just put on the weekend herrod spacer and a pcu air filter and it gave me an extra 10kw at the wheels, so it pulled a 242.6 at wheels which i was pretty happy with just bolt ons (aint bragging just trying to explain what i have) yeah the car was strapped down too so wasnt generous at all, the guy is a mate of mine so the dyno aint been played with so as for the power its pretty close to right!

my car is the 6 speed manual was looking at the diffs 4.11s but at the moment i want to get the car up to the power i want then go for the gears, also my car has not been tuned to suit the mods i have so with a tune i shopuld easy get the 250kw mark, but want to wait till i have all the mods then tune it to suit the flow and we should be set..

cheers

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It does sound a bit generous but there are some engines out there that have a bit more then normal. Did you get it dyno'd stock? Generally with the xr8's the average power figures are around...

Stock 200rwkw
Exhaust + 7-10rwkw
BPR CAI + 15-20rwkw
Underdrives + 1-3rwkw
Tune + 15-20rwkw

So roughly for a manual you'll get about 245-255rwkw. Now these are proven mods, s**t like spacers, bigger throttle bodies etc are just a waste of money cos they don't do anything for your performance.

Your crazy if you're holding out on 4.11s because your want to get your power right, they get rid of that annoying flat spot before 3 grand ;)

Also, the most important thing, have you got billet oil gears yet?

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:32 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

punktured wrote:
Value for money cams are not worth it on a Boss.

Diff gears are a must for Boss engines due to the lack of low down power...

Auto - 4.11, 3000 stallie

6sp Man - 4.11, Ripshift

5sp Man - 3.7, Ripshift

6spd Auto - 3.46 and tweaks in the tune - faster shifts and remove the torque limiting, the BOSS has HEAPS of low down torque, when you unleash it.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

punktured wrote:
It does sound a bit generous but there are some engines out there that have a bit more then normal. Did you get it dyno'd stock? Generally with the xr8's the average power figures are around...

Stock 200rwkw
Exhaust + 7-10rwkw
BPR CAI + 15-20rwkw
Underdrives + 1-3rwkw
Tune + 15-20rwkw

So roughly for a manual you'll get about 245-255rwkw. Now these are proven mods, s**t like spacers, bigger throttle bodies etc are just a waste of money cos they don't do anything for your performance.

Your crazy if you're holding out on 4.11s because your want to get your power right, they get rid of that annoying flat spot before 3 grand ;)

Also, the most important thing, have you got billet oil gears yet?

thanks for the ideas, the dyno it has been ran on is brand new dyno so i think it should be about right, but anything could happen, my car has still not been tuned so im hoping for the 250-260 mark now, i will put it onto another dyno once its done and see what it pulls and see how close the dyno is..
as for the gears i have been looking at them, i dont know my car really hasnt got a soft spot before 3 grand. maybe is the way i drive it, my mums force 8, 6 speed auto you can feel the cams come in at 3 but with mine ya cant.

i am looking at the oil gears also, i have not ordered them yet but i will for sure be getting them as i have been told its a good mod to get

thanks for all ya input guys this is good help
cheers

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

i would not be surprised if you put it on another dyno and it only pulls 220rwkw.

you won't get 10rwkw from a filter and spacer either.

i'd also question the 15-20rwkw from a cold air setup, regardless of whose brand it is.

there are so many variables with dyno's its not funny. they really are just a tuning tool.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

prydey wrote:
i would not be surprised if you put it on another dyno and it only pulls 220rwkw.

you won't get 10rwkw from a filter and spacer either.

i'd also question the 15-20rwkw from a cold air setup, regardless of whose brand it is.

there are so many variables with dyno's its not funny. they really are just a tuning tool.

well if this is the case.. recommend me somewhere in the melbourne area to put it on and i will dyno it there and we will find out..

2nd of all filter and spacer. i put a hole cold air intake system on the car and the spacer. the spacer isnt ment to increase kw at the wheels really, but they say it give good response and a little better flow so i think 10 was pretty much right. i dont know what it is that you do for a living but you seem to know little about cars. u probably are a machanic but maybe you should drive a holden????

let me know cheers

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

A good place to go is Blue Power and Chris can tell ya what you should and shouldn't do.

prydey, if you have a spare min go on fordforums and look up the Blue Power cai's and check out the results for yourself :)

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

punktured wrote:
A good place to go is Blue Power and Chris can tell ya what you should and shouldn't do.

prydey, if you have a spare min go on fordforums and look up the Blue Power cai's and check out the results for yourself :)

hey mate
yeah i been talkin to chris alot.. and he has told me maybe a little high, but not much at all.. he knows the guy that has done my car up to as it is and his gotten along with him alot.. my car is his 1st real ford that his done up, and chris said that his pretty happy with my resaults.. i will have to talk to chris find out when i can go see him..

thanks mate

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next