Fordmods Logo

BOSS 260 CHIP ? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 11

Joined: 7th Jun 2010

Ride: ba xr8 manual

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

gday
can any body tell me if you can buy a chip or something for the boss 260 or not,if so where i can get one of these.
i know absoultly nothing about ford engines and computers ? really only ever had holden 8s.
cheers.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 540

Joined: 9th Aug 2007

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

Location: Leopold, Geelong
VIC, Australia

Getting it flashtuned is probably your best bet, I suggest getting all your mods done first that way it only has to be flashed once, saving time and your money :D

 

_________________

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 11

Joined: 7th Jun 2010

Ride: ba xr8 manual

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

Burns wrote:
Getting it flashtuned is probably your best bet, I suggest getting all your mods done first that way it only has to be flashed once, saving time and your money :D


ok this is going to sound stupid but what exactly is a flash tune ? is it like getting a memcal tune for a vs etc.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 540

Joined: 9th Aug 2007

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

Location: Leopold, Geelong
VIC, Australia

Have a read of this

http://www.capa.com.au/ford_flash_tuner_x3.htm

Just out of interest, what holdens have you owned?

 

_________________

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 11

Joined: 7th Jun 2010

Ride: ba xr8 manual

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

Burns wrote:
Have a read of this

http://www.capa.com.au/ford_flash_tuner_x3.htm

Just out of interest, what holdens have you owned?


thanks for the link ,explained every thing.
hq ss manual
monaro coupe manual
ive had a vn 5.0 tune ,c air ,exhaust
vs 5.0 cam,tune,c air,70mm t/b,exhaust system"lot",opened port match manifold,bigger injectors and thats it apart from the gearbox stage 2 auto..pretty quick car just getting to old..
ive probably owned 60 cars so far from rotors to v8s..just never any of these newer cars thats why im always asking these questions.
cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 540

Joined: 9th Aug 2007

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

Location: Leopold, Geelong
VIC, Australia

yeah no probs, I love both fords and holdens, I just discriminate aginst certain models. The Boss motor goes well and responds well to mods. They go a lot better then most people think and the people who tend to knock have never owned one, what mods are you planning to start with?

 

_________________

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:26 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 11

Joined: 7th Jun 2010

Ride: ba xr8 manual

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

Burns wrote:
yeah no probs, I love both fords and holdens, I just discriminate aginst certain models. The Boss motor goes well and responds well to mods. They go a lot better then most people think and the people who tend to knock have never owned one, what mods are you planning to start with?


well been asking around and the guy across from the work yard works at a work shop and owns a auto 260 and he is saying a ss induction cool air ,slightly bigger exhaust and a flash and he says ill be geting around 300kw at the fly ? also a bigger t/b if i can afford one.
not to sure how true all it all is..
what about your car any mods ???
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 32

Joined: 1st Dec 2005

Ride: BA XR8

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

For CAI you will want a Blue Power airbox, they are the best, SS Reductions not so much.

For exhausts the way I think is that anything is better than stock. You can go all out for a Difillipo system or there's Pacemaker, HM etc.

I have Xforce on my car and am happy with sound, power and price. I don't have Xforce cats though, I got some Ballistic 100cpi units from Sureflow instead.

Once you've done CAI and exhaust it's time for a tune to take advantage of all that. You can travel to Canberra and see the guys at Gentech in Mitchell, or if Sydney is preferred there is Autotech in Granville.

Vic
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:25 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

If you want to do your own tuning get the Sniper Commando......
http://www.norcom.net.au/~bpt/Sniper%20Tuning.htm
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BOSS 260 CHIP ?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 540

Joined: 9th Aug 2007

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

Location: Leopold, Geelong
VIC, Australia

cthru wrote:
Burns wrote:
yeah no probs, I love both fords and holdens, I just discriminate aginst certain models. The Boss motor goes well and responds well to mods. They go a lot better then most people think and the people who tend to knock have never owned one, what mods are you planning to start with?


well been asking around and the guy across from the work yard works at a work shop and owns a auto 260 and he is saying a ss induction cool air ,slightly bigger exhaust and a flash and he says ill be geting around 300kw at the fly ? also a bigger t/b if i can afford one.
not to sure how true all it all is..
what about your car any mods ???


I Have a 6 speed with a full Di Filippo exhaust (headers, cats, and big boy system) sounds tough and gives it more poke, especially top end. Next thing on my to do list is the Blue power CAI, I wouldn't even bother with the SS inductions one, only other CAI I might consider would be the Herrod one. I wouldnt worry about the throttle body, value for money is s**t, so only upgrade if all other avenues have been explored. After I have my CAI i plan to flash tune it to make the most of my mods :)

 

_________________

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:27 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names