Buying a v8! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Buying a v8!
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

What was wrong with the el xr8? Maybe should have offered him a low ball offer considering the condition it was in, if you got it for the right price it would be worth fixing it up.

You gotta remember most of these car's are 15 to 20 years old now. Not spring chickens, there will be very few that don't have any issues.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:02 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Dont waste your time on an E series.
Their 5.0 is a joke.
Look past the love it or loathe it shape of the AU and drive one.
Awesome car.
Because people dont dig the shape you wont have a car like every man and his dog.

Nothing really wrong with E series. The 5 litre was as good as it got for the time hence why a AUIII engine found its way into mine. Like towing the boat and not having concerns about getting it out of the water.

Owned an AUIII fairmont ghia(until I divorced my cheating ex) and it also had its problems. Seems ford never could paint a car right as the clear coat failed twice so when it went back for a third respray, I insisted on a third party to paint it. Electrics were a nightmare with the premium sound system needing replacing twice and the clock binnacle failing three times also. The ride though was way above my beloved E series and wish I could transfer the ride system from an AU to the E series but I don't see many EB XR8's in town and the wreckers are full of bits to keep it on the road :D

Love them or hate them, AU series isn't a bad deal at all.

Hooroo

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

CPOCSM wrote:
EVL098 wrote:
Dont waste your time on an E series.
Their 5.0 is a joke.
Look past the love it or loathe it shape of the AU and drive one.
Awesome car.
Because people dont dig the shape you wont have a car like every man and his dog.

Nothing really wrong with E series. The 5 litre was as good as it got for the time hence why a AUIII engine found its way into mine. Like towing the boat and not having concerns about getting it out of the water.

Owned an AUIII fairmont ghia(until I divorced my cheating ex) and it also had its problems. Seems ford never could paint a car right as the clear coat failed twice so when it went back for a third respray, I insisted on a third party to paint it. Electrics were a nightmare with the premium sound system needing replacing twice and the clock binnacle failing three times also. The ride though was way above my beloved E series and wish I could transfer the ride system from an AU to the E series but I don't see many EB XR8's in town and the wreckers are full of bits to keep it on the road :D

Love them or hate them, AU series isn't a bad deal at all.

Hooroo

Thats the thing though, most wreckers are running out of good early E series parts ( EA-ED). Even some decent Ef/EL parts can be hard to find some times, along with the Au's. I think because we all dont realize sometimes like was stated that these cars are around 20 years old now, not to mention that our beloved Falcon can need a part or too from time to time.
The B series option, they too had allot of issues, parts can still be pricey compared to E series.
It all comes down to your taste OP. We would love another E series member as we are a dying breed now days. Do whats right for you dude. By the sound of it your not stupid and arent going to rush in. Hope you find your baby.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2