Fordmods Logo

cam??? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Yeah i've heard yours Dave and it sounds tuff, very similar to the cam i had in the XD.
If this was for the XD then it can rock and shake all it likes.
I might start looking around for something a tad smaller.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:05 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el xr8 mkii

VIC, Australia

thats sweet, at the moment ive only got stock heads but hav the explorer intake as its a series two, also hav pace maker extractors and exhaust, aswell as k and n filter, would the 2030 cam still b ok with a tune (looking into gettin flasher tuner), looking for as lumpy as possible and as many kw as i can get rom a cam and lifters

cheers

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR8(EF) & XR8BOSS290 Ute(FG)

NSW, Australia

I think you will run into troubles, regarding the stock valve springs with the 533/544 (in/ex) thou lift.

Idle note wont be overly lumpy either as it only has 216/220 (in/ex) duration @ 50 thou.

Better off with not enough traction than not enough power.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Stevo wrote:
By the way offyaguts, your car sounded damn mean the other night on the freeway :)

So if a take a set of gt40ps to any machine shop, i just ask for some porting, and machine to suit double vavle springs ? Also larger valves ?
Where did you get your stuff done dave, did you say mick webb ?

Thanks mate, yours did too.....definately has a roar to it :D

Pretty much, take the doubles with you though cause they'll put them on and do the machining, not sure about larger valves, someone else will have to answer that. Depending on how much port work you want done or if you just want them cleaned up, but i believe $1000 of work on GT40P's will get them flowing as good as some aftermarket alloys, something like the AFR's.
And yeah I got the job done at mick webb's, although he gets another joint to do the head work. I wouldn't recommend him unfortunately, he didn't tell me enough about what work was done, wasn't too keen on the combo that I went for, must have been dark territory with the cam etc since he recommends crane cams, but the quality of workmanship could have been good, I am yet to find out cause it is untuned. He seemed to want to recommend a setup, and stick with that rather than me telling him what I want.

Paul - I reckon the 2020 will suit what your after. Have a listen to Matt's car (ef302) next time you see him, there's a lump but nothing overkill.

XELR8 - i recommend a tune with that cam and you'll definately need double valve springs.....lifters should be fine, look into roller rockers while your in there.

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

offyaguts wrote:
Vic the ED Sprint/EB GT come with cast iron GT40 heads and the EL GT/FBT come with GT40P's, same as AU's.....just thought i'd clear that up.

Ah yep that's true, my mistake. :o

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i had the same trouble's as offyaguts mentioned. he was quite rude to me i reakon, just wanted to get the job done and get my money it seemed. so i had a bit of trouble with him. others mite have a diff opinion maybe?

XELR8 - i got mine finished off at Competition Engines & i can highly recommend them. they did my lifters/increased compression/tuned it.

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

hey walker if your lookin for something smaller have a look at comp cams im fittin a 264 to mine now which compared to2031 crane 276 dur at 50 thou lift the comp only has 2 deg less ramps up real quick close to stock idle you get the best of both worlds and has .544 lift which some people say gt40ps run out of flow at .500 but you gotta remember the valve only peaks at .544 where it spends twiceas much time reaching that peak and descending from it which is where a cam that peaks a bit higher than your heads flow is an advantage so have a look at comp cams the worlds largest cam manufacturer

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Yeah nothing wrong with Competition cams, have used a cpl of those over the years.

I've got a brand new Isky FL-380 solid to suit Clevo sitting in the shed, i might sell that and put it towards a cam for the Windsor.

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Build# 499 BF F6 TYPHOON DEJA VU

VIC, Australia

EBTS50 wrote:
yer i was looking at cams to but at the same time as a cam i want to get roller rockers and double valve springs wat do u guys think of a crane 2031 for roller rockers 1.77?

if you got the TS50, it should already have roller rockers on it , but they aren't adjustable

232.5 RW KILLER WASPS

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The Crane 2020 cam is same cam as the E303 Ford cam..
220/220 @50 498 lift with 1.6 rockers...110 LSA which makes it lumpy..
The 2030 / 2031 has good street manners [112 LSA].. Any more cam and you'll require better heads...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: ebxr8

VIC, Australia

im pretty sure the 2040 crane is the same as the E303. the 2020 208/216 @50 with 112 LSA

347, crane cam, Pro topline 180 heads, Edelbrock victor efi intake, 80mm C&L maf, 75mm tb, 30lb injectors and 1/4 horse

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:09 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Vic wrote:
offyaguts wrote:
Vic the ED Sprint/EB GT come with cast iron GT40 heads and the EL GT/FBT come with GT40P's, same as AU's.....just thought i'd clear that up.

Just on that subject, a quick look on the FPV heritage page, pegs the FBT as having Explorer upper and 40P's, where the EL GT gets the GT40 upper obviously, but the same GT40 heads as Sprint/EB GT...
Not many EL GT owners on here, but can an FBT owner confirm?
Might go looking for an engine bay pic, the manifold choice is an interesting one.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xlsv8ute

SA, Australia

i have a 2031 cam with the crane single springs and yes the springs are no bloody good, too weak and getting spring bind. will be swapping to isky doubles a soon as i get the heads off for some serious port work to be done. The cam change with a cappa flash tune gave me 200rwkw. It goes hard but the crane springs let the package down. :lol:

go the CROWS

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
Vic wrote:
offyaguts wrote:

Just on that subject, a quick look on the FPV heritage page, pegs the FBT as having Explorer upper and 40P's, where the EL GT gets the GT40 upper obviously, but the same GT40 heads as Sprint/EB GT...
Not many EL GT owners on here, but can an FBT owner confirm?
Might go looking for an engine bay pic, the manifold choice is an interesting one.

Hey Ja rule, not 100% sure about the heads but I think it goes this way:

EL GT - GT40 heads/GT40 tubular manifold
FBT - GT40P heads/explorer manifold

same maf, injectors, tb, ecu, just different exhaust

i think the GT40P's were introduced in 1998 when the FBT was done, whereas the EL GT used the older style as on the BOX GT

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:50 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Wade Cams profile 869.

Was looking at it the other day and was wondering how it compares with wat is being recommended here. Have any of you fellas used it.

Also on the spec sheets 5.0lt runs roller rockers, do i need to consider this when choosing a cam or do I only need hydraulic.

cheers

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next