Can a 350 clevo fit straight into a EB series 2 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Can a 350 clevo fit straight into a EB series 2
Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Eb series 2 Falcon

VIC, Australia

Hello all i have a EB series 2 and i'm wondering if a 350 clevo motor would go straight into the engine bay or would i need to change a few things??

also does anyone know the mesurement of an EB or EA engine bay that would muchly appreciated????

Post subject: Re: Can a 350 clevo fit straight into a EB series 2
Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

bradpit2011 wrote:
Hello all i have a EB series 2 and i'm wondering if a 350 clevo motor would go straight into the engine bay or would i need to change a few things??

also does anyone know the mesurement of an EB or EA engine bay that would muchly appreciated????

First off, you probably mean 302 or 351 cleveland - no such thing as a 350 clevo. Second, don't know if you are intending this as a burnout car or something cos you wouldn't be able to register it..you can only go with an engine same year or newer unless you want to go down the path of engineers approvals and stuff, even then you'd have to go at least, straight LPg and even then I don't think you'd have a chance - maybe talk to the rego boys in your state before you commit to anything ...
As for physical size, not sure - a windsor will fit but a cleveland is a bit wider - the engine bay of an EB is pretty big, though.

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

Here's an earlier thread. Looks like you can do it.

ford-v8-f2/will-a-351-cleveland-fit-in-an-eb-flacon-t14301.html

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Last edited by Shortshift on Mon May 09, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

It will fit in, but will need research for the legal emissions side if you want it to be on the road, unless like it says in the above link, you csn just get the 4litre and bolt it back in if you get defected, but my guess it isnt that simple to go from 6 to an 8, if its auto you will need to control that some how if you leave the btr 4 speed in it,

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:30 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

And of course you can now buy TFS-R cleveland efi intakes.
Pretty sure the guy's only had to mod 1 pipe on a set of cleveland pacemaker(one guy also said genie) headers for it to fit.
If you start with a 5.0 car it's pretty easy...even with the BTR because it all bolts up. You'll just need a 28oz flexplate or 28oz 157T flywheel if you retain whatever trans is behind the 5.0. If you have a large winged sump it will likely need narrowing like I did here for this 351w;http://www.perthfalcons.com.au/index.php?showtopic=1866
Use a 351w TFI dizzy with a cleveland gear and the stock EEC will run it like a dream.
The 5.0L front accessory drive is a little more difficult to retain though.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]