Fordmods Logo

Car wont start after head gasket replaced. Smart lock issue? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Car wont start after head gasket replaced. Smart lock issue?
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Hey guys.

Just finished doing the head gasket on my nf lane and now the car wont start. I think it may be immobilised from smartlock or something but i couldnt get the smartlock reset to fix it (maybe i did something wrong?) Just going off what the original manual said. Now i had obviously disconnected all wiring above the head and reconnected it all where it came from respectively, however i did notice i had 2 female earth sockets left over and i cant recall whether or not these are supposed to be connected. One is on the front right of the lower manifold (near the front injector on the right side) and the other is up the back near the last lower manifold bolt on the right. I have checked for plugs to connect them to and couldnt find any so i assumed that they were disconnected originally. If someone who knows more about the wiring on these v8s could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I will upload some photos of what i see on the dash when i try to start it and a couple of photos of the plugs im talking about.

Cheers

Sam

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Post subject: Re: Car wont start after head gasket replaced. Smart lock issue?
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Update:
Checked all wiring again and found two plugs disconnected at the rear right. Connected them and now car cranks but wont kick over. Its on gas and i cant hear the gas prime? (am i right in saying that gas primes similar to petrol to get some charge in the line prior to starting?) I remember before, there used to be two priming sounds, one i know is the fuel pump and the other (which lasts a fair whack longer than the fuel pump prime) which i assumed was the gas setup. I have tried priming the fuel pump 5-6 times before trying to turn it over to ensure that there is fuel getting to the injectors but it still seems to not want to start. Ive got it on charge at the moment and im using a jump starter also to make sure its got enough cca to kick it over.

Anybody got any ideas with the gas side of things?

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]