Fordmods Logo

Carb'd v8 into ea 

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

66 coupe wrote:
A cleveland block will fit, and it will all fit under the bonnet too (we just put the scoop on for looks)
I set the motor right back so I could get away with using the std tailshaft, the heaterbox had to go and the firewall smacked in a bit. If you are willing to get a custom tailshaft made, then you can bring the motor forward and sit it a fair bit lower. You will need to use custom extractors, or cast manifolds though.
Extractors are 4 into 1's i think they off an XD, but not 100% as they were given to me. You can modify an AU starter to work with the clevo too, you just need to cut one rib off the snout.

nice conversion

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

pierced1 wrote:
No worries fitting 351 clevo in there and pacemaker headers, just have to remodel #2 header pipe around the steering column rod. And use a LH side bell housing for starter motor.

Hi pierced1

Quote:
use a LH side bell housing for starter motor
, what bellhousing are we talking about here ??? is it a ford unit or aftermarket ??to shift the starter motor on the passenger side of the vehicle .

This would enable more room around the steering rack&pinion to column coupling.

make life a lot easier

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Coon & Goat

New Zealand

Quote:

make life a lot easier

It sure does make life easier, but unfortunately the bellhousing was made made to be left hook.

I thought it must have been a bell housing off something quite old and american.... but on closer inspection, it definitely has been modified.

The starter mount cut out off one side of housing and welded into place on the opposite side.

Still it works fine!!!! :D

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

pierced1 wrote:
Quote:

make life a lot easier

It sure does make life easier, but unfortunately the bellhousing was made made to be left hook.

I thought it must have been a bell housing off something quite old and american.... but on closer inspection, it definitely has been modified.

The starter mount cut out off one side of housing and welded into place on the opposite side.

Still it works fine!!!! :D

LOL ok , thanks , so i'm on the understanding someone has modified the stand cleveland bellhousing , from drivers side converted to passenger side starter motor to allow easy fitting around the steering coupling to the rack&pinion.

Main thing it had worked for you.

Judging from the pictures your cleveland is sitting very high in the engine bay.

I sat my further towards the back of the fire-wall and lower down into the engine bay k-frame , just mad enough room for the standard cleveland clapper starter motor to fit between the k-frame and the rack&pinion coupling. Will have to re-route the power steering feed/return line hoses which is no issue , would have to be modified anyway as the cleveland power steering pump sits on the passenger side.

As far as fitting a BIG BLOCK 460 in a EA would be a straight forward fit also like the cleveland.

There is more room in a E-serie car engine bay than the X-series falcons.

EA FALCON SEDAN - V8 351 cleveland C10 auto TwinTurbo
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51642

cheers

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: el gli manwel

QLD, Australia

wat about fuel system i understand that it will need to be upgraded, would a factory one out of ef v8 be sufficient for a near standerd 351 clevo

THE LOOSEST MUTHA FUKA YOU'VE EVER MET

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3