Fordmods Logo

Carby Fed EL 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:07 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1037

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

you can also get maf's that fit over the TB, a friend of mine was looking to do it on his clevo, its pricey, but it can be done

 

_________________

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 661

Joined: 14th Jan 2007

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

Location: Perth NoR
WA, Australia

Bggest factor before you do anything is what is your budget?

To convert from the factory efi setup to a 1000cfm 4 barrel T/B isn't hard nor is it unheard of, its just expensive.

Here are some approximate costs:
Edelbrock Super Victor EFI manifold & fuel rail kit: $1075
Holley 1000cfm Throttle body: $850
Aftermarket ECU: $2100 (Motec M48)
Installation & tuning: $2200
Gaskets, air filter etc: $300

For a total of approx $6500.

 

_________________

TE50 T1 P01
200kw 5.0L, T5, Koni shocks, King S/Lows, Whiteline swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, Acron CAI, 80mm Accufab TB, Difillipo headers & cats, twin 2.5" & Aerochambers, 3.91 LSD.

To Come:
Long rod 306, TFS 11R 205cc heads, SHP camshaft, 1.72 R/R, ported TFS Box R, 400hp NX SHO kit...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:14 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 43

Posts: 97

Joined: 4th Aug 2008

Ride: XC GXL

Location: perth
WA, Australia

Weve seen an ED 5oooh... in a ZJ fairlane with a C4, with efi, not a powerful car I can tell you, converted it to carby, with a more stall,600 vac, accel twin point and it woke it up considerably. Not a good move in an e sereis though. These sort of mods are very cheap to do, second hand the parts came to just over $650, with a brand new carby, gaskets the lot. :wink:

 

_________________

XC GXL 5.8: 14.1 @ 99MPH. Thank you to Jimbos alchoholic uncle for the short motor. It goes alright now mate.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 661

Joined: 14th Jan 2007

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

Location: Perth NoR
WA, Australia

Tom Davey wrote:
Weve seen an ED 5oooh... in a ZJ fairlane with a C4, with efi, not a powerful car I can tell you, converted it to carby, with a more stall,600 vac, accel twin point and it woke it up considerably. Not a good move in an e sereis though. These sort of mods are very cheap to do, second hand the parts came to just over $650, with a brand new carby, gaskets the lot. :wink:


LOL Tom do you remember the ZJ when it had the 5.0L, AOD and the 2.77 diff? Wasn't too fast then!! ;) :D

*off topic* Have you got that cam in yet?

 

_________________

TE50 T1 P01
200kw 5.0L, T5, Koni shocks, King S/Lows, Whiteline swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, Acron CAI, 80mm Accufab TB, Difillipo headers & cats, twin 2.5" & Aerochambers, 3.91 LSD.

To Come:
Long rod 306, TFS 11R 205cc heads, SHP camshaft, 1.72 R/R, ported TFS Box R, 400hp NX SHO kit...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 540

Joined: 9th Aug 2007

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

Location: Leopold, Geelong
VIC, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
Bggest factor before you do anything is what is your budget?

To convert from the factory efi setup to a 1000cfm 4 barrel T/B isn't hard nor is it unheard of, its just expensive.

Here are some approximate costs:
Edelbrock Super Victor EFI manifold & fuel rail kit: $1075
Holley 1000cfm Throttle body: $850
Aftermarket ECU: $2100 (Motec M48)
Installation & tuning: $2200
Gaskets, air filter etc: $300

For a total of approx $6500.



Yeah i'm not not too worried about budget as it's a long term thing and i can get the pieces bit by bit as i can afford them. I plan for an engine rebuild and cam in the next year or two anyway so it will all get done at the same time. I was just a little worried about the MAF that's all but now i know you can work around it. Thanks for all the help and estimations of costs etc. :-)

 

_________________

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:30 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 43

Posts: 97

Joined: 4th Aug 2008

Ride: XC GXL

Location: perth
WA, Australia

Absolutely that was a muppet, so was the car im talkin bout now come to think. Yeah cam made the 302 much more snappy, the aod is the problem. gunna get rid of it when 5.8 goes in with ur cam.... u reckon Weiand Xellerator is a better choice than Edelbrock Performer, ive heard good things....Anyone want a good aod with a morestall...ya need a bigblock to run em.... why is Phil such a loser :shock:

 

_________________

XC GXL 5.8: 14.1 @ 99MPH. Thank you to Jimbos alchoholic uncle for the short motor. It goes alright now mate.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:34 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 43

Posts: 97

Joined: 4th Aug 2008

Ride: XC GXL

Location: perth
WA, Australia

BTW I`ll come soon and fix ya shugs.... need manifold too... dont put a carby on an eseries 5.oh no.... you`ll blow chunks at the servo. Nobody likes a chuck.

 

_________________

XC GXL 5.8: 14.1 @ 99MPH. Thank you to Jimbos alchoholic uncle for the short motor. It goes alright now mate.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 661

Joined: 14th Jan 2007

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

Location: Perth NoR
WA, Australia

Burns wrote:
Yeah i'm not not too worried about budget as it's a long term thing and i can get the pieces bit by bit as i can afford them. I plan for an engine rebuild and cam in the next year or two anyway so it will all get done at the same time. I was just a little worried about the MAF that's all but now i know you can work around it. Thanks for all the help and estimations of costs etc. :-)


If you do decide to go down this path you would be crazy to leave the standard heads, look to change to at least a set of 180cc alloys.

 

_________________

TE50 T1 P01
200kw 5.0L, T5, Koni shocks, King S/Lows, Whiteline swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, Acron CAI, 80mm Accufab TB, Difillipo headers & cats, twin 2.5" & Aerochambers, 3.91 LSD.

To Come:
Long rod 306, TFS 11R 205cc heads, SHP camshaft, 1.72 R/R, ported TFS Box R, 400hp NX SHO kit...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 661

Joined: 14th Jan 2007

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

Location: Perth NoR
WA, Australia

Tom Davey wrote:
Absolutely that was a muppet, so was the car im talkin bout now come to think. Yeah cam made the 302 much more snappy, the aod is the problem. gunna get rid of it when 5.8 goes in with ur cam.... u reckon Weiand Xellerator is a better choice than Edelbrock Performer, ive heard good things....Anyone want a good aod with a morestall...ya need a bigblock to run em.... why is Phil such a loser :shock:


HAHAHAHA ol' Phil Buttmunch... He had some ideas, not all of them good. ;)

Personally for your XC 351 with the Comp cam, I'd run a Performer and a 1" phenolic spacer. Xcellerator I'd look at if you plan to stokesitup and run on BBQ fuel. C4 and a 2200-2500 converter would be spot on.

 

_________________

TE50 T1 P01
200kw 5.0L, T5, Koni shocks, King S/Lows, Whiteline swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, Acron CAI, 80mm Accufab TB, Difillipo headers & cats, twin 2.5" & Aerochambers, 3.91 LSD.

To Come:
Long rod 306, TFS 11R 205cc heads, SHP camshaft, 1.72 R/R, ported TFS Box R, 400hp NX SHO kit...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 540

Joined: 9th Aug 2007

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

Location: Leopold, Geelong
VIC, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
Burns wrote:
Yeah i'm not not too worried about budget as it's a long term thing and i can get the pieces bit by bit as i can afford them. I plan for an engine rebuild and cam in the next year or two anyway so it will all get done at the same time. I was just a little worried about the MAF that's all but now i know you can work around it. Thanks for all the help and estimations of costs etc. :-)


If you do decide to go down this path you would be crazy to leave the standard heads, look to change to at least a set of 180cc alloys.


While the motor is in bit's i'll make sure everything that needs/should be replaced/upgraded is. I would like to stroke it too. Lucky i have a few mechanic mates who said they are willing to help put with the work providing they are in no rush. Businees with mates can sometime turn messy lol, we'll see.

 

_________________

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 540

Joined: 9th Aug 2007

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

Location: Leopold, Geelong
VIC, Australia

Burns wrote:
BOTTLEDUP wrote:
Burns wrote:
Yeah i'm not not too worried about budget as it's a long term thing and i can get the pieces bit by bit as i can afford them. I plan for an engine rebuild and cam in the next year or two anyway so it will all get done at the same time. I was just a little worried about the MAF that's all but now i know you can work around it. Thanks for all the help and estimations of costs etc. :-)


If you do decide to go down this path you would be crazy to leave the standard heads, look to change to at least a set of 180cc alloys.


While the motor is in bit's i'll make sure everything that needs/should be replaced/upgraded is. I would like to stroke it too. Lucky i have a few mechanic mates who said they are willing to help out with the work providing they are in no rush. Business with mates can sometime turn messy though lol, we'll see.

 

_________________

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:56 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names