Fordmods Logo

Charcoal Canister AU V8 - Need help with Hose 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Charcoal Canister AU V8 - Need help with Hose
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

I bought an AU V8 Fairmont, and ive found a hose that comes off the charcoal canister and just stops in the engine bay not connected to anything

Could some please point out where its supposed to go. There is pressure coming from the end of it

Ive taken a pic of it where it stops in the bay, and a pic where it comes off the canister

Post subject: Re: Charcoal Canister AU V8 - Need help with Hose
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

The hose in my AU goes to the exact same location

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:43 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the mrs au fairmont 6 has the same hose, its not connected to anything either, except the hose sits just under the top rad support...

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ok so must be a vent for the canister after the fumes from the fuel tank are filtered out or something?

also the purge solenoid is ticking like crazy, im aware this is supposed to be normal, but im telling you it aint........ the car sounds like its on its last legs, and yes ive made sure the solenoid is not touching the splash guard. Ive ordered a new one from ford for $160 inc hoses, even though he reckons they are not a common problem and he cant remember ever selling one of them?? :?

I wrapped the old one up with 2 jumbo car wash sponges and the tick was even worse. How can anyone drive around with this noise, its gyrating through the whole bloody car !!!

This is my first windsor and im hating the f**k thing already. Theres gonna be alot more "how to's" from me in the near future cause this car needs alot of things done and everything is so alien to me compared to the trusty I6', like power steering pump etc :cry:

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:45 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

probably not ideal but disconnect the solinoid, i would say atleast 50% are not connected due to the noise...

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

ah, the good old Tickford tick! If you had posted it before ordering, my AU is getting parted out this weekend and AFAIK it was silent

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

im guessing pressure build up in the tank and possibly cause damage?....... or even blow a hose and vent constant pertol fumes in the garage?

I do remember my last AU 6 cylinder was very hard to fill up at the servo, you could only trickle the fuel in or the bowser would cut off

I wonder if that had a disconnected solenoid, because other than that the car ran fine, no fumes etc..........

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

well new solenoid was $167.95 and came with all the hoses attached which i thought was silly until i found out that hoses dont come apart. Was easy to install anyway

the new one can still be heard ticking when standing next to the guard but cannot be heard inside the car thank f**k....... hopefully it doesnt get as bad as the old one i pulled out.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]