Fordmods Logo

eb xr8 firing probs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: eb xr8 firing probs
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:31 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: eb xr8 falcon/1966 xr fairmont

SA, Australia

Hi guys I have just spent the day regasketing the intake of my xr8 and finaly got it to starting, the problem is it wants to fire but won't. Whats really funny is i had only replaced the air temp sensor and the injectors and when i finished all that it started, ran like a hairy goat and stopped after 1minute.

Then i checked the dizzy and the rotor, gave them a clean and then it fired up instantly ran smooth as a v8 should had it running for 20 minute (water flow and thmeostat setup) stopped it drained oil, new oil, filter etc.

Started, still running sweet took it for a fang came back let it idle, stopped it and then tried to restart it and nothing wants to fire but wont.
Rang a mate who has a 98 fairmont (300kw at the rear) and he told me to reset the ecu by disconecting the battery over night.

What the hell have i done and why is running like a ford v8 should sweet as and then wants to fire but wont.

Please help?

Post subject: Re: eb xr8 firing probs
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Right sized injectors? Brand new, reco or used?
Also double checked you've plugged everything back together and the vacuum lines are all hooked up.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

hi got a set of reco american injectors from my mate who has had them in his car and it ran fine, He just went bigger and better with every thing he had and thats why he took them out.
What i don't understand is that it was running sweet with these new injectors and then it just had a hissy fit, I am about to go over every thing and make sure that every thing is right and spray up all my electrical, and give it another crack. (bloody injection) if were carby type i could done all of it with my eyes shut, i haven't replaced the coolant sensor would that be a small problem. I am hoping the fue pressure regulatoe isn't stuffed

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 1999 AU futura

NSW, Australia

Have you checked for spark???Checked for injection pulse?

COMING SOON,XD WITH A TURBO...CLEVO STYLE

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

in the last 3 hours i have reset tps and sprayed the dizzy plug and fired up first pop then drove it for an hour stopped and then started it drove home and the blasted thing is running like a ford should (perfect) now just have to fix a few more water leaks and she should be sweet, oh and figure out what do with the air con pump as the bearing is completely worn out. Sounds like strait cut gears under the bonnet. I am gonna swear and say had the same problem with my holden comode but i got rid of that and got a ba xr8 5 speed and then down graded to eb cause i missed the sound of a ford v8, thanks for the help peoples muchly appreciated

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]