Fordmods Logo

eb2 manual conversion ,was running but has stoped? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: eb2 manual conversion ,was running but has stoped?
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xf/ef

New Zealand

hay people i need some help i spent my weekend doing the manual conversion to my eb2 fairmont,everything went really well i got it started on and off several times, then the next day it started in the morning (still on stands) , then in the afternoon it didn't want to sounded like a flat battery, whipped out the battery from my other falcon and jumped started it then i let it run for 20 mins then i turned the key of then it would crank but it didn't wanna start and then about an hour later i come back for anther go and it doesn't wanna crank like when its in drive sorta thing

heres how i wired ive unplugged the round plug that went to the trans and un bolted the selector switch so i had the bit of loom that ran to the gear box cut the tape and separated them,so i only have the selector with 4 wires going to it worked out they were reverse and neutral i cut the reverse light wires and put them onto the reverse switch on the box witch worked fine then set the selector to neutral and the car started up. i have changed nothing since and it wont run, i have now lost power to the neutral wires,so the car thinks its in drive? and wont start ,is there a fuse ive possibly blown?

thanks

Post subject: Re: eb2 manual conversion ,was running but has stoped?
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xf/ef

New Zealand

got it started today and drove round for ten mins before i went to get gas,and once again doesnt wanna start...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]