Fordmods Logo

ebay 3inch exhaust 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 398

Joined: 31st Aug 2005

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Explorer

Location: St clair
NSW, Australia

it cost around $450 for this 3"ef xr8 exhaust rather cheap . online performance autos is the ebay store. any one dealt with them and how was the product you purchased

 

_________________

kangaroos and radiators are a bad mixture

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 613

Joined: 5th Aug 2007

Location: Ararat
VIC, Australia

It will make the car droney - keep the first half of the exhaust 2.5- then after center muffler run 3 inch mandrel bent all the way back no resi/hotdog - on my car (EF Ghia V8 which I will add is completely stock) this reduced drone by quite alot. Hope that helps.

 

_________________

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:41 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 248

Joined: 4th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AUIII

Location: COONABARABRAN
NSW, Australia

I have just purchased Pacey 4499's form them....have not received them yet, next week i hope. But the sale went off without a hitch. also good communication.

 

_________________

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 143

Joined: 7th Jun 2008

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

raff-26 wrote:
It will make the car droney - keep the first half of the exhaust 2.5- then after center muffler run 3 inch mandrel bent all the way back no resi/hotdog - on my car (EF Ghia V8 which I will add is completely stock) this reduced drone by quite alot. Hope that helps.


You should go the other way, as heat dissipates as the exhaust moves through the system, thus not requiring such a large diameter the further you go back. 3 inch to muffler then 2/5 out of that till the end, plus it will sound sick! it will have an actual note, not this puss drone most people get wet over on here.. just my 2c.

Cheers Jack.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 613

Joined: 5th Aug 2007

Location: Ararat
VIC, Australia

Waggen wrote:
raff-26 wrote:
It will make the car droney - keep the first half of the exhaust 2.5- then after center muffler run 3 inch mandrel bent all the way back no resi/hotdog - on my car (EF Ghia V8 which I will add is completely stock) this reduced drone by quite alot. Hope that helps.


You should go the other way, as heat dissipates as the exhaust moves through the system, thus not requiring such a large diameter the further you go back. 3 inch to muffler then 2/5 out of that till the end, plus it will sound sick! it will have an actual note, not this puss drone most people get wet over on here.. just my 2c.

Cheers Jack.


Gave the desired effect on mine, I believe my way - you get a deeper, less sharper note if that makes sense.

 

_________________

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6432

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

3" exhaust on a standard motor?

 

_________________

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 613

Joined: 5th Aug 2007

Location: Ararat
VIC, Australia

Vic wrote:
3" exhaust on a standard motor?

1/2 a 3 inch on mine :wink:

 

_________________

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1043

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Stock 5L Mustangs ran dual 2.25" the whole length, and one of the first mods to them are dual 2.5" which still gives them and extra ~10hp.
So really a single 3in is still too small IMO

 

_________________

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:36 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 398

Joined: 31st Aug 2005

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Explorer

Location: St clair
NSW, Australia

sweet a it already has a 2.5 inch on it atm but the reae tailpipe section has some holes. i dont want it to drone as i will annoy the kids. il give the 3 inch rear section a go then maybe mix and match untill im happy

 

_________________

kangaroos and radiators are a bad mixture

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 15

Joined: 18th Feb 2008

Location: liverpool
NSW, Australia

Waggen wrote:
raff-26 wrote:
It will make the car droney - keep the first half of the exhaust 2.5- then after center muffler run 3 inch mandrel bent all the way back no resi/hotdog - on my car (EF Ghia V8 which I will add is completely stock) this reduced drone by quite alot. Hope that helps.


You should go the other way, as heat dissipates as the exhaust moves through the system, thus not requiring such a large diameter the further you go back. 3 inch to muffler then 2/5 out of that till the end, plus it will sound sick! it will have an actual note, not this puss drone most people get wet over on here.. just my 2c.

Cheers Jack.


That's correct.....My AU3 XR8 had a 3" single system when I bought it and it was droney...... As the exhaust cools, it doesn't need as big a pipe. The exhaust shop recommended the pipe be stepped down to 2.5" at the rear.

Problem fixed!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:55 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1228

Joined: 5th Mar 2006

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

I bought one of them and modified it to suit my turbo six, because it was going to be allot cheaper than an exhaust place making the complete system and allot less hassle than making the whole lot myself. I know its a six so will sound different to an eight, but it doesn't drone on my car at all.

Then again the turbo will cut a fair bit of noise out of it. I actually wish it was a little louder, my
old 2.5" system was louder than the 3".

 

_________________

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED


Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 1886

Joined: 26th Nov 2006

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I put a 3" system on my car, stock, and I can't say I gained any power. To say 3" is too small is a bit crazy IMO. I only went 3" in light of future mods.

If you can get it that cheap and have the patience to chop and change to get the note you desire, then go for it. You could even fork out a bit extra and chuck a different muffler in that's proven not to be droney if you don't get the desired note.

 

_________________

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:28 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3531

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

Location: uoʇǝlƃuıs lʍoq ʇsnp
NSW, Australia

mendyxr6 wrote:
sweet a it already has a 2.5 inch on it atm but the reae tailpipe section has some holes. i dont want it to drone as i will annoy the kids. il give the 3 inch rear section a go then maybe mix and match untill im happy

If the kids complain a teaspoon a cement in their cereal should do the trick.

Just go for it, if it dones just add a hotdog on the rear if doesn't have a rear muffler.

 

_________________

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant) http://tmacmechanical.com.au/

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 108

Posts: 927

Joined: 27th Sep 2007

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

My el v8 has a 3 inch manta rear section with no hotdog and a hooker 3 inch muffler and a 3 inch pipe from the front of the muffler up to the y pipe.
Dont do it if you want your car to sound good, the pipe size is too big for a stock motor and sounds very boring and drony(a hotdog would kill the drone).
i was very disappointed when i drove mine after it was installed :( and straight away wished i had just gone 2.5 inch,car was already 3 inch when i got it so i just replaced what was there.
The only comments i have had on the exhaust are "is it a v8?" and "geez its much quieter than what i thought it would be" :cry:
The second comment was by the exhaust fitter.

 

_________________

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ebay 3inch exhaust
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 613

Joined: 5th Aug 2007

Location: Ararat
VIC, Australia

green car wrote:
My el v8 has a 3 inch manta rear section with no hotdog and a hooker 3 inch muffler and a 3 inch pipe from the front of the muffler up to the y pipe.
Dont do it if you want your car to sound good, the pipe size is too big for a stock motor and sounds very boring and drony(a hotdog would kill the drone).
i was very disappointed when i drove mine after it was installed :( and straight away wished i had just gone 2.5 inch,car was already 3 inch when i got it so i just replaced what was there.
The only comments i have had on the exhaust are "is it a v8?" and "geez its much quieter than what i thought it would be" :cry:
The second comment was by the exhaust fitter.


I have a redback 2.5 from the Y to the centre muffler, then 3 inch all the way through to the back - sounds very beefy- and loud, but in a great way - I wonder why you have the opposite problem?

 

_________________

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:43 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names