Fordmods Advertising

Ed v8 engine stalls and runs rough 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Ed v8 engine stalls and runs rough
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ed xr8

VIC, Australia

I'm not sure what to call my car but I have a ed xr6 that that I put a series 2 El xr8 motor and box into I used what I think was just a 94 ed v8 donor car for the k frame loom and parts its ran fine for a bit over a year now And I don't use it very often... But to my problem or problems I havnt hooked up the temp gauge I'm not sure how to. I have thermos from an El. Now my main problem I took it out last week drove probly 3ks stopped at the lights on the main road lol and when I to go it started surging and back firing I had to creep down the road at 40 with my hazards on got to the next right hand turn lane then it died sat there trying to start it it back fired and wouldn't idle then it would idle but not rev up but mostly just kept dying finally got it going and moving the same time as the light lol anyway in a car park my girls dad comes by this time my cars idling a bit longer and revving up a little but dies still he tows me home I had to leave it out on the street for a few days now I went out to move it in and now it's running fine but I can't pin point the problem now ether and don't wanna take it out on the road case it s**t it self again... Sorry for the long story. but any help or info be much appreciated

Last bumped by johny23 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:24 pm.
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]