Fordmods Logo

ed xr8 motor 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ed xr8 motor
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

was just wondering if any one could help with a few questions i have. i have an ED XR8 and it will be going onto straight injected LPG (no petrol at all) in a couple of weeks. i have been told that the ED heads and intake arent worth a pinch of s**t. would AU V8 heads and intake bolt straight on and would this make any power gains? also would i then need new extractors to suit? plans would also include a gas cam and maybe a bigger throtle body. and the maf sensor binned altogether. i dont wont to go too wild, but would like a little bit more poke.

thanks in advance for any help or tips you can give me.

cheers
brad

Post subject: Re: ed xr8 motor
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

sawyer wrote:
would AU V8 heads and intake bolt straight on and would this make any power gains? also would i then need new extractors to suit?

yes, yes, and yes

See if you can get an ex-AU intake with the 65mm TB still on it. PH4000 Pacemakers will work with the GT40Ps.

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:07 pm 
Smokin em up

Welcome.
All of the Au top end is a straight swap apart from injectors and maf they have different connection types( but will still work). The au top end flows alot better then most of the e-series v8's so you will make more power. The gt40p need aftermarket headers to clear the spark plugs.The ecu will need a flash tune to make the most of the upgrade. All your answers and more are buried in this forum so start digging.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

thanks for your help guys, will be surfing thru these pages for info and ideas. am going to have to keep searching the local paper for the parts now. or save up for some ali heads like the afr165, would these be worth while on a stock motor?
mine will be straight gas with a custom / not yet commercially available gas computer, so will have no need for injectors (removed and replaced with gas ones) will have no MAF sensor at all or a flash tune.

thanks heaps guys..

brad

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

sawyer wrote:
or save up for some ali heads like the afr165, would these be worth while on a stock motor?

Absolutely. You would want (minimum) ported Explorer or Edelbrock performer w/65mm TB to go with it.

Get the AFR165's with the 58cc chamber. If you get the stud-mount version, then you will definitely need to purchase new rockers as well (so factor that into the price).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]