Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

sic xdub wrote:
got rid of mine, still runs good, cant explain why it runs rough though, ha ha

Was it running rough before you deleted EGR?

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Post subject: Re: EGR or no EGR??
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ef fairmont 96

WA, Australia

old thread but my opinion is egr on an e series falcon is useless, if you look inside the heads you will see the egr only uses 2 cylinders, and most of the burnt gasses go straight out of the exhaust anyway since its not as restrictive as the egr port , i doubt it would even recycle 5% of the air in those 2 cylinders,
i just unplugged my egr, put an au egr delete in and blocked the vaccum line, fuel economy didnt change and it runs the same, the only benefit to this would be less carbon buildup.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XD ute

NSW, Australia

Ok,
I have read some interesting replies here and thought I would weigh in here regarding the function of egr valves. Now being a Automotive technitian for the past 25 years I can tell you all from now you need to understand the fundamentals of the egr controll system. The purpose of the egr system by by definition is to recirculate exhaust fumes back into the intake manifold under certain conditions to curb the Nox emissions or oxides of nitrogen. These form when the exhaust system gets too hot by running rich and or smetimes lean and is curbed directly by introducing a gas less flamable than oxygen into the intake which then starves the flame partilly of oxygen during combustion and thereby decreases exhaust tempertaures and by consequence nox emissions. The theory that this is about reburing unburnt fuel is false. Although soot that is recirculated is burnt it is not the function of the EGR system. The system pimarilly responsible for unburnt fuel or hydrocarbons as technically stated is the job of a high energy igntion system and also in some cases where required air injection systems. Air njection systems were introduced some time ago where as its name implies to inject air into the exhaust system. This in turn provides an oxygen rich enviornment for any unburnt fuel left over after incomplete combustion to burn off. Also incorporated were stove pipe systems where hot air channeled over the exhaust system stove plate was fed into the intake when cold to help fuel atomise properly. This in turn aids easier combustion of the fuel and less hydrocarbons also. None of these systems are perfect. I hope this clears up some misconceptions of the various systemes and their functions. As for egr or not to egr, egrs suck, the carbon up intakes, reduce power etc but the epa and various other governing bodies frown up the diabling of these systems for obvious reasons.

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:17 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia V8

VIC, Australia

I switched mine off in the tune with the quarterhorse. My heads and intake have no provision for EGR. And I just looped the 2 coolant lines together.

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:44 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

I have 2 eb v8s running no egr and have never had any fault codes come up,both get better economy and run perfectly.
Cleans up the engine bay as well,i think it looks a lot neater and does fkk all for emissions with it connected.
Both of my cars are not tuned.

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

All I did is got the studs added to the AU spacer and bolted the EGR to it. Does nothing but the ECU still sees it.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2