Fordmods Logo

el intel manifold flip 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: el intel manifold flip
Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Hi know to this. So iv got a 80series toyota with a ford el 5L in it and im wanting to know how hard it would be to flip the intake to the right hand side like fox body's in the states. As would make it a lot easier for me to hook up my new snorkel. Also best mods for torque as thats what i will be after and don't want to cam the crap out of it.

Thanks for any help

Aaron

Post subject: Re: el intel manifold flip
Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:16 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia V8

VIC, Australia

It will flip round no problem, might need a few vacuum lines etc extended or re-routed though.

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

NLGHIA5.0 wrote:
It will flip round no problem, might need a few vacuum lines etc extended or re-routed though.

Thanks im guessing mite have to extend the wiring as well?

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Fuel Pressure Regulator might be a concern - but you can work around that by also turning the fuel rail around if nescessary or Grabbing a US Explorer Pre-98 Rail (around 98 they went to returnless)

Nigel

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

You might not have to (extend the wiring) either. if your using EL Wiring there is a fair amount of slack in the harnesses although if you dont want to undo them and re-tape them then yes, you'll need to extend the TPS and IAC Wiring. If you havent bypassed the EGR you'll want to extend that as well.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Nigel wrote:
You might not have to (extend the wiring) either. if your using EL Wiring th re is a fair amount of slack in the harnesses although if you dont want to undo them and re-tape them then yes, you'll need to extend the TPS and IAC Wiring. If you havent bypassed the EGR you'll want to extend that as well.

Thanks. Little bit of work but not to back. Will have a lot shorter intake. Can i get a 4inch air sensor? As going to have 4inch out of my filter box.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

The AU Falcon has an 80mm one I think - and you can use the AU Housing with the EF sensor.

Any more than that and your looking at Tuning.

Nigel

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Nigel wrote:
The AU Falcon has an 80mm one I think - and you can use the AU Housing with the EF sensor.

Nigel

Ok thats mite just work with what i got for now. And wait till i start the rebuild and what mods i do then and get it tune at the end.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Nigel wrote:

Nigel

So im thinking ally haeds maybe stroker or a blower can't make up my mind. What ally head should I look for and stroker kit?

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:49 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

It's quite a bit of work modifying the harness. The easiest was is to flip it and re-pin the connectors so your injectors are correctly wired but you still need to run your IAT and ECT wiring down the other side.
Your stock cam and MAF will give you the best bottom end torque although the AU 70mm job will work without tuning.
If you want Ally heads, go for AFR 165's. These give you the best torque while allowing great power also. If you get a stroker kit go for Scat with forged pistons. Personally I'd use their 331 kit and I-beams will be fine. Crank doesn't need to be forged either. Then use a Comp XE264HR-14 cam. Get a -9 core so it's compatible with your steel dizzy gear. If you go with the stroker I'd also use 1.7 rockers on that cam.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
It's quite a bit of work modifying the harness. The easiest was is to flip it and re-pin the connectors so your injectors are correctly wired but you still need to run your IAT and ECT wiring down the other side.
Your stock cam and MAF will give you the best bottom end torque although the AU 70mm job will work without tuning.
If you want Ally heads, go for AFR 165's. These give you the best torque while allowing great power also. If you get a stroker kit go for Scat with forged pistons. Personally I'd use their 331 kit and I-beams will be fine. Crank doesn't need to be forged either. Then use a Comp XE264HR-14 cam. Get a -9 core so it's compatible with your steel dizzy gear. If you go with the stroker I'd also use 1.7 rockers on that cam.

Thanks for the info. Who's good a tuning up in perth? It suck the fuel because it was tuned to run gas and fuel iv gone bwck to just fuel gas suck

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:39 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

maxxis80 wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

Thanks for the info. Who's good a tuning up in perth? It suck the fuel because it was tuned to run gas and fuel iv gone bwck to just fuel gas suck

Tuned how?

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
maxxis80 wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

Will gas to fuel is set up different. Timing is a big thing right? Then when I do the work to the motor it will have to be done again
Tuned how?

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:46 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

I'm asking how has it been tuned? Is there a J3 adapter on the back of the EEC?

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
I'm asking how has it been tuned? Is there a J3 adapter on the back of the EEC?

Iv got no idea how its been tuned. Im not sure if there is a adapter. Thats why im asking

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next