el xr8 tunig dramas 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: el xr8 tunig dramas
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba xr8 supercharged

WA, Australia

hi everyone
i'm wondering if someone has some info for me my bro has an 97 el xr8 ser2 we did a fair bit of intake work to it (75mm tb,75 mm egr, ba xr8 intake tube,heat spacer and 90mm maf) and got bpt to do some underdrive and a dyno tune usinf=g either sniper or tweecer(not sure which one) which got him 210 rwhp but it would consantly stall and was quite thirsty on juice.
he put up with this for bout 8 months until he wanted to do a dizzy upgrade(msd diz,coil and msd leads) and for the life of me i couldnt get the thing to fire so he spat it and got it tilted to extreem ford tuning to see what they could do
turns out hat the brand new dizzy and coil are toast.....wtf??????,they put the old dizzy back in and away she went . they also retuned it using a switch chip?? not sure what they are which cost $1600 dynoed and the thing now makes 230 rwhp and runs sweet as

so long story short it cost him early $5k to get to that power figure with no internal mods
so i guess my questions are; wft did bpt do to it to make run so crap, coz eft said the timing mark bpt used was way off
how can you tell what a sniper or tweecer like like as i have 1 on my desk (for sale pm if interested)
and finally what is a swich chip and are they any good for future tuning as the next step is heads cam and maybe a stroker

cheers
paul

Post subject: Re: el xr8 tunig dramas
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

did you speak to Barry at BPT about this ??

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

i'm not sure what my brother did i organised it with terry and my bro did the rest it got taken back to bpt bout a week after the work was done to get the maf wire changed and he told barry what was hppening but they couldnt find a fault

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

unfortuatly you really need to deal with Barry, the eliminator chip is through SCT which is what I use, it is chip that gets fitted in the J3 service port of your ECU....ALSO I do use Tweecer & a few other tuning programs as well...

IMO the only person in Australia that knows Tweecer inside out is Peter (xr9ute) as he use to be the distribitor.....& I'm 100% sure that he would have sorted it out if he has the time....

may be give Pete a pm if you want to pursue this ???

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:53 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

he had to change from tweecer to swtichchip coz eft dont use tweecer
well i think its a tweecer i've got it infornt of me does any one have a picture of the sniper and tweecer coz i dont know which i have

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

go on the tweecer web site for your pic..

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU2 XR8

WA, Australia

chickenman242 wrote:
hi everyone
i'm wondering if someone has some info for me my bro has an 97 el xr8 ser2 we did a fair bit of intake work to it (75mm tb,75 mm egr, ba xr8 intake tube,heat spacer and 90mm maf) and got bpt to do some underdrive and a dyno tune usinf=g either sniper or tweecer(not sure which one) which got him 210 rwhp but it would consantly stall and was quite thirsty on juice.
he put up with this for bout 8 months until he wanted to do a dizzy upgrade(msd diz,coil and msd leads) and for the life of me i couldnt get the thing to fire so he spat it and got it tilted to extreem ford tuning to see what they could do
turns out hat the brand new dizzy and coil are toast.....wtf??????,they put the old dizzy back in and away she went . they also retuned it using a switch chip?? not sure what they are which cost $1600 dynoed and the thing now makes 230 rwhp and runs sweet as

so long story short it cost him early $5k to get to that power figure with no internal mods
so i guess my questions are; wft did bpt do to it to make run so crap, coz eft said the timing mark bpt used was way off
how can you tell what a sniper or tweecer like like as i have 1 on my desk (for sale pm if interested)
and finally what is a swich chip and are they any good for future tuning as the next step is heads cam and maybe a stroker

cheers
paul

I have problems with BPT aswell and going thru a small claims at the moment. Will te the forum know of the outcome

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

hah. ive been told a few time dont touch BPT with a fkn 100 foot barge pole.
wouldnt even trust em to check my tyre pressure.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I sent BPT an email 6 weeks ago about buying one of their retro wiring looms for a Windsor into something else.
Cash sitting here waiting , just needed to confirm a couple of changes I needed doing to it before ordering.
Well it still hasnt been ordered yet as there has been no return email.
If they cant return an email about ordering parts and spending money there , how bad will they be to deal with once they actually have my money if there are issues!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:21 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

maybe send them a pm? as they are also a sight sponser..

in saying that.. if buisnesses dont return messages/emails or even return calls.. i wont buy from them...

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ring & speak to Barry....

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:40 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

i dont want to sit here and bpt bash as i have known terry for a number of years,i even helped him put a box in try hard lol :D

but in the last couple of years as they seem to get bigger they get more probs with tuning,very helpful guys i just drop in wonder around the workshop ask my question and im on my way but like i said my bros car ran like crap and we had all kinds of dramas with setting the tps

my car was tuned there and im happy with the outcome,punch it at 60 and the rear steps out :twisted:
auxr8 2 ill give that website a look tonight

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

There a busy workshop and then suffer's communications which sometimes u carnt help, its best to call especially about the retro wiring kit.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Attachment:
TwEECer_RT_1-small_with_logo.jpg
TwEECer_RT_1-small_with_logo.jpg [ 49.02 KiB | Viewed 161 times ]

This is what a Tweecer looks like (if the attachment works).

How much do you want to sell it for? It may be worth holding onto it for down the track, as there are another couple of options here in Perth when it comes to tuning with a Tweecer which can save you a hell of a lot of money. I think with the Switch Chip, you're limited to having the car tuned by the 2 workshops you've mentioned, here in the West.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

You have to ring and speak with Barry at BPT if you want a response from him. E-Mail is a no go....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next