Engine number issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Engine number issues
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1996 NF ford fairlane v8

VIC, Australia

hi guys

I feel like an absolute knob but im having issues finding the engine number on my NF Fairlane 302w? ive looked everywhere and the only thing i can think of is its being hidden by the extractors? if im standing in front of the car is it the left or right rear of the motor and what is it next to? i should have writen it down. i have sold my car but when i changed the motor over i didnt report it to the rta. will this be a problem?

thanks japcrp

Post subject: Re: Engine number issues
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Engine number is on the passenger side at the rear just near the starter motor.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

ausom thanks heaps. easyer said than done when there are a few bricks (geto style) holding her up and a shredded front wheel/disc. now i just gota work out what to do about vic roads :?

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

When I went to VicRoads to re-register my DL LTD 5ltr they seemed to know where the number was (at the time I didn't), they had a mirror/torch like thing or just a torch or whatever so they could shine light down the side of the block to have a look see. Going off that, I don't think you'll have any problems.

For reference, the car was re-registered at Geelong.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
When I went to VicRoads to re-register my DL LTD 5ltr they seemed to know where the number was (at the time I didn't), they had a mirror/torch like thing or just a torch or whatever so they could shine light down the side of the block to have a look see. Going off that, I don't think you'll have any problems.

ah you wouldnt happen to be the guy i bought the EF XR8 Motor and engine mounts off by any chance?

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

Your authorities have way too much time on their hands if they worry about engine numbers in 15 year old stock factory cars.....

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

japcrp wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:

ah you wouldnt happen to be the guy i bought the EF XR8 Motor and engine mounts off by any chance?

No lol, I had to re-register the car because it ran out of Rego before I could produce a roadworthy and transfer it into my name, bit of a slight annoying story really to be honest.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
japcrp wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:

No lol, I had to re-register the car because it ran out of Rego before I could produce a roadworthy and transfer it into my name, bit of a slight annoying story really to be honest.

sorry speedyED i bought the motor of a guy in Bannockburn. he works at ford and i thought you may have been him :lol:
i ended up calling vic roads the other day and they said as long as i wright into the recipt that i had changed the motor with the two engine numbers it was ok? oh well not my problem now :?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]