Engineering Costs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Engineering Costs
Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EAII fairmomt

VIC, Australia

Just wondering if anyone has had to get an engineers report done for a engine conversion

I have a ZH Fairlane with a 460 big block in it I was under the impression that because the engine went straight onto the mounts without any mods it was fine but no it needs to be engineered.

if anyone could give me a ballpark figure on the cost of it that would be great also if any engineers read this whats the deal with a engineers report?? whats goes on with it

Thanks

Low and slow yeah.... But not that slow but low... But not to low either... yeah

Post subject: Re: Engineering Costs
Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

I'm paying my emgineer 500 at the first inspection, 500 at the final inspection and extras depending on what other tests need to be carried out (torsion test, brake test, swerve test, dyno time if the emissions test is performed at a local dyno instead of the official epa testing stations [yes you can do that under NCOP], and any other tests).

Post subject: Re: Engineering Costs
Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Go out & talk to Matward engineering. They did the consult for a project of my a few years ago and are fairly local to you up in Bendigo.

I had an engineer in Melton certify my initial engine swap to a larger engine in my mighty boy, cost me $550 a few years ago, was fairly basic because it was a bolt in swap, all factory stuff used from a similar model that was ADR compliant, so basically the engineer had to look at it, go yep, then write up the report. Wasn't hard or long. Probably easiest money he has ever made lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]