Exhaust ideas 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Exhaust ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Hey, my EF/EL bitsa V8 is in need of a new exhaust from the cats back. I'd like some ideas/options on what I should do with it, keeping in mind that I'd really like it to sound like a V8, and I'd like to eventually make a bit of power. I am thinking a 3" single system would be the way to go. Does anyone have any pics of a 3" system under an EL? or any other advice on what a good setup would be? It currently has a 2.5" twin system from the cats back that merges above the diff, if I can get that repaired, it will sound ok but I'd ideally like it a bit louder.

Cheers, Gab

Post subject: Re: Exhaust ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: FG MK2 XR6T

NSW, Australia

Really the volume of the exhaust comes down to how many mufflers you use and the types, rather than the size. I'm guessing you mean it currently merges into a single pipe above the diff?

I would not bother going any larger than single 2.5" or dual 2.25" on a E7 headed Windsor. 3" is too big and droney imo. If you dont plan on doing many further performance mods other than this, i'd look at a single 2.5" with just 1 muffler. Depending how loud you really want it you can run 1 hot dog instead of 1 muffler. If you have the budget, the 2.25" will sound a little nicer and give you more room for mods down the track, but far more expensive and if it's staying near stock i'd say stick with the single.

Formerly LV XR5 Turbo, AU Fairmont Ghia V8 & EBII Fairmont I6.

Now......
Feb 2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual
- Luxury Pack

Post subject: Re: Exhaust ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Whatever twin system you go with, I would recommend a magnaflow Tru-X x pipe and a single 6" Magnapack in each pipe. It sounds amazing, it has that deep V8 rumble but barks and growls, the x-pipe gives it a very distinctive sound and the Magnapacks give it that deep growl. No drone at any RPM either.

Another system I've heard that sounds good is the same setup but instead of the X-pipe he had a Mac pro-chamber, sounded amaz-balls.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]