Fordmods Logo

Extra Poke for EF Ghia 5.0 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

DSTRBD wrote:
I've got an Explorer upper and lower manifold still for sale. Will throw in fuel rails and felpro gaskets.

I was going to add it to my NC Fairlane 5.0 but it's me work car so I want the extra $$$ to fix the project car.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/fs-vic-e ... tml?highli
ght=explorer

AS a typical pom would say " How mUch" How much?""

lol, Yeah that would be the way to go hey...

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: '03 BA-LTD.

VIC, Australia

the 3 piece underdrive kit, do you need a new length belt? or a stock item?

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

steveurban wrote:
the 3 piece underdrive kit, do you need a new length belt? or a stock item?

3 piece u/drives maintain std belt length. The one piece kit requires a shorter belt.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: '03 BA-LTD.

VIC, Australia

that's good as i just put a new belt on last week, will have to get myself a kit !!!! cheers.

Post subject: Re: Extra Poke for EF Ghia 5.0
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:21 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 11 images

NSW, Australia

1. Is it worth replacing the old 57mm MAF, with a 65mm? Or is that wank factor and only relevant after other mods?

yes, after you open up the heads and you are better getting a larger aftermarket product or you will only be limited to au products.

2. What sort of extractors do you guys find the best (Ive heard E7 as compared to gt40p's req different extractors)

3. Benefits of porting exitsting HO Manifold? Or put on explorer Mani?

put the dollars into explorer, good product and will be good enough untill you decide to reach big h/p numbrs

4.Is there a worthwhile increase changing from E7's to gt40p's?
seeing as though AUs with gt40p's only have 10kw at the fly opposed to stocker EF's?

My opinion, get rid of e7s theyre valves are 2 small, gt40 p are good replacement with bigger valves and still need porting and I think extractors are different and cost $$$ or a set off 351 do0e heads (early 1970 windsor) about $150, has larger valves and 58cc chambers, they will still need porting (exhaust onlly and gasket match intake) spark plugs are the larger type but dont cause any problem. others will disagree.

5. Can the existing motor (all stock apart from exhaust, extracs) be blown with out cracking her open, say to like 5psi- expecting around 150-170 atw?? I know this will cost, but a second hand blower low boost can surely be cost effective? Or a am I dreaming? At what cost, I am not a tosser who wants 280atw from a stock blown motor, coz I know it will "BLOW" after a while!!

Try NOS, 75hp untill you have $$$ for the blower and engine to suit

Also I don't wish to alter the tune, coz whatever its at- on the freeway shes returning around 400=450k's on 70 L's of LPG, Which I reckon to be pretty good.

if you are intending on running lpg keep the same combo, making mods will be useless with the restriction of lpg.

:wink:
Thanks in advance anyone who is prepared to read my rot, and try to help me!!

cheers Mick.[/quote]

Post subject: Re: Extra Poke for EF Ghia 5.0
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:21 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

1. Is it worth replacing the old 57mm MAF, with a 65mm? Or is that wank factor and only relevant after other mods?

yes, after you open up the heads and you are better getting a larger aftermarket product or you will only be limited to au products.

2. What sort of extractors do you guys find the best (Ive heard E7 as compared to gt40p's req different extractors)

3. Benefits of porting exitsting HO Manifold? Or put on explorer Mani?

put the dollars into explorer, good product and will be good enough untill you decide to reach big h/p numbrs

4.Is there a worthwhile increase changing from E7's to gt40p's?
seeing as though AUs with gt40p's only have 10kw at the fly opposed to stocker EF's?

My opinion, get rid of e7s theyre valves are 2 small, gt40 p are good replacement with bigger valves and still need porting and I think extractors are different and cost $$$ or a set off 351 do0e heads (early 1970 windsor) about $150, has larger valves and 58cc chambers, they will still need porting (exhaust onlly and gasket match intake) spark plugs are the larger type but dont cause any problem. others will disagree.

5. Can the existing motor (all stock apart from exhaust, extracs) be blown with out cracking her open, say to like 5psi- expecting around 150-170 atw?? I know this will cost, but a second hand blower low boost can surely be cost effective? Or a am I dreaming? At what cost, I am not a tosser who wants 280atw from a stock blown motor, coz I know it will "BLOW" after a while!!

Try NOS, 75hp untill you have $$$ for the blower and engine to suit

Also I don't wish to alter the tune, coz whatever its at- on the freeway shes returning around 400=450k's on 70 L's of LPG, Which I reckon to be pretty good.

if you are intending on running lpg keep the same combo, making mods will be useless with the restriction of lpg.

:wink:
Thanks in advance anyone who is prepared to read my rot, and try to help me!!

cheers Mick.[/quote]

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: eb

VIC, Australia

i have the standard throttle body on mine and added the 70 mm maf and it was runing rich so suggest get the throttle first then the maf, before you do anything to your engine get your diff gears changed to 3.7 or 3.9 the best mod ever i rekon

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok fair enough, although mate I have a manual eb3 wagon, 6cyl.......its a fast car, will easliyl bag up all of first, and into 2nd to 100k's tuned to gas and faster then a VT SS (5.0) no s**t ..........so your assumptions of a gas car being useless for mods is incorrect.....

EF Ghia 5L V8

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

sorrt eb2! whoops

EF Ghia 5L V8

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:40 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

[quote="raff-26"]ok fair enough, although mate I have a manual eb3 wagon, 6cyl.......its a fast car, will easliyl bag up all of first, and into 2nd to 100k's tuned to gas and faster then a VT SS (5.0) no s**t ..........so your assumptions of a gas car being useless for mods is incorrect.....[/quote]

thats great but firstly I dont know alot about the 6 packs or there performance, Though I had a mate many years ago who had the eb2 xr6 and I was impressed (on fuel) i do know my work pano wouldnt have a chance at an ss :) with my 5.0 however its takin me a while to get things right and with the windsor in particular, it need to breath. thats it. I assume that a dual fuel setup he is using with the restriction in the intake that will limit performance.

LPG systems have come along way and while I know little about them, If i personally intended to use it on an engine which I expected to perform, I would certainly look at a injected gas system or similar.

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:47 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

[quote="falcon gl"]i have the standard throttle body on mine and added the 70 mm maf and it was runing rich so suggest get the throttle first then the maf, before you do anything to your engine get your diff gears changed to 3.7 or 3.9 the best mod ever i rekon[/quote]

and ... i agree... 4.11 are gr8 to

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2