EXTRACTORS?????what fits? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EXTRACTORS?????what fits?
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Gli

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble finding extractors to fit my DF LTD. I am having trouble finding some suitable because i have GT40P heads and i keep getting told that they foul on the passenger side (if AU fairlane extractors are fitted) and i have been told this by a few different companies. I just wanted to know what make/model number of extractors you guys are running as i don't know what to do, possibly custom? But i have a feeling that will cost a small fortune. Any help is greatly appreciated cheers, Kris.

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:44 pm 
Smokin em up

I've got genie extractor's on my ef. I had them on the stock E7 heads. Fitted gt40p's and they just fit. I'm talking mm but they do fit. Don't know if Genie had one model for all e-series or not.

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

i presume the fouling you are talking about is with the ignition leads and plugs. i think i'm running hurricane. they were already on car. i recently fitted gtp's and am still using them. i had trouble only with no. 6 or 7 plug. its so tight i couldn't actually get a socket on the plug. luckily they don't need a lot of tension so pliers on the end did the job. i then had to trim about 10mm off the end of the boot to get it to go on and then wrapped the extractor in heat wrap as there was only a matter of mm clearance. have not had any drama's. when it comes time to change plugs i will probably have to drop the pipes off but thats no big deal. i've used iridiums to minimise the amount of times they need to be changed.

i actually melted the end of the boot as i didn't originally have the runner wrapped in heat tape. the wrapping did the trick though. not ideal but a lot cheaper than new headers.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Advance makes a header to suit GT40p heads into e-series. I purchased them on the basis it would bolt up.

Touch dearer than the pacies/genies but they are goods.

However I have been told that Pacemakers will fit up no probs either as the E7 heads and GT40p heads have a different spark plug angle and the pacemakers just clear it.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF XR8 5spd

NSW, Australia

The pacemaker part number you need is: PH4000, I have them on mine, just had to get custom leads made with 90 degree plug boots.

EF XR8 5spd: 302ci /178rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]