Fordmods Logo

Ford Falcon EF2 XR8 manual, Naturally Aspirated upgrade 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford Falcon EF2 XR8 manual, Naturally Aspirated upgrade
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon EF2 XR8

New Zealand

One month ago i just brought my first Ford V8. Im impressed with its Torque performance and its factory Tickford tuned KW but I think the 302 Windsor in it is holding back on some of its power.
I have seen some of the great information on how to upgrade on here but now I want to know where to get the bloody stuff!!
My location is at New Zealand so it very hard to get decent parts for what I want!
I may need to get parts from Australia or USA so in that case bugger!!
Any links to any of the most popular sites where you get your parts would be helpful.
Also I want to have a twin exhaust, I was thinking of two straight pipes each side with mufflers off course but that will make the thing sound like a V8 Supercar when i change gear **BANG!!!** but if I link a pipe into each other where the two pipes are hopefully the banging will stop. She has a standard exhaust on it with exployer headers on which have been done for me already but all I want is some exhuast system to let the engine breathe freely and ease the pressure from the seventh piston.
Cheers

Post subject: Re: Ford Falcon EF2 XR8 manual, Naturally Aspirated upgrade
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia V8

VIC, Australia

WTF?

Try summit racing in the US. They have anything you could need and awesome mail order. Order direct from the website and its delivered within 10 days. Pricing is sweet too. Postage can be a bit expensive but with the savings you get it still works out heaps cheaper than buying in Aus or NZ.

Post subject: Re: Ford Falcon EF2 XR8 manual, Naturally Aspirated upgrade
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

First off, being on the West Coast I'm assuming you have access to the country's finest herb, I have no idea what you are on about :lol:

Summit is pretty much the only place I shop. Just make sure your order is under $NZ400 as customs will ping you.

Twin 2.25" with a single 5" Magnapack muffler will sound amazing, I have twin 2.5" and 6" Magnapacks and I absolutely love it.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]