Fordmods Logo

Gearbox/Diff/Tail Banging Sound 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Gearbox/Diff/Tail Banging Sound
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 04 BA XR8

WA, Australia

As I accelerated out of the lights, I heard a loud bang at the rear of the car. When I accelerate, it does not make any sound, but when I decrease acceleration, it starts banging again (also when I put it into gear). I thought it might be the diff, but a friend suggested it could be the central bush needs replacing? I had another friend look underneath the rear of the car and noticed a bolt that supposed to hold the tail shaft is out by over an inch? Any suggestions as I am mechanically challenged would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Post subject: Re: Gearbox/Diff/Tail Banging Sound
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ef xr6

VIC, Australia

Check all bolts on the driveshaft, also check the center bearing on driveshaft these can cause a banging sound on accel also get someone to check all 3 diff bushes in the rear cradle ( where the diff is) and also check all the joints for the arms that go to the hub and the bushes in the blades, these go from the hub towards the front of the car

Post subject: Re: Gearbox/Diff/Tail Banging Sound
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Centre bearing. the rubber bushing around the housing and bearing itself probably cracked. my quick fix was jack up the drive shaft or until you think the bearing is dead center. decrease and wipe down with alcohol until it's clean. get some Sikaflex 11FC polyurethane adhesive sealer and pump around the rubber bushing. make sure you slick it in hard with soapy water and rubber squeegee, you wanna fill it in until there is no air bubbles. only problem you'll have is you can't drive it until the sealant is completely cured. it\s going to be a messy process but I've still driving around with a f**k center bearing for 4 months. haven't had any shattering thumbing noise on take off. BAHAHAHAHA

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]