Fordmods Logo

GT40 heads. What are they? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Most aftermarket extractors are o/k with GT40 heads...Its just clearance for plugs thats an issue so they design them to fit both.......www.liverpoolexhausts.com.au are o'k too...For Sydney siders...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:14 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL GT - T2 TS50

QLD, Australia

MrLandau wrote:
ELGT extractors work well enough - far better design than the standard ford exhaust manifolds (won't even call them extractors)
Shane

Where would one aquire a set of these though? I have tried getting extractors for an EL or EB GT (new) and the all say that the standard extractors are all they make so they must fit, but they wont......... and pacemakers parts book says "Not for GT40 heads" so the only option is to find a wrecked GT? or bend up a custom set of pipes? or use the AU ones and move the sway bar......

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NL 347, Landau

SA, Australia

ELXR8 2's had them - as did the Fairlane by Tickfords. They come up for sale from time to time. If we could get 10 or so orders I would approach Pacemaker in Adelaide about doing tuned length ones for us...I posted this up as an expression of interest on both Fordmods and Fordforums but had no serious replies.
Shane

Weapons of choice
1998 NL Fairlane by Tickford 033
1996 NL Fairlane Ghia 347
1992 NC Fairlane Ghia 5.0
1974 Landau
1974 LTD

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Any idea of price on this Shane? Are we looking at the $500-600 range, or more like the $1000-1200 range.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:36 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

So custom pipes it is by the looks, I thought the EL 2's still had E7's but the big manifold? I know they still had the crappy little MAF, what pipes do u have on your 347? or are AFR heads different again to GTP?

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NL 347, Landau

SA, Australia

jeffb wrote:
So custom pipes it is by the looks, I thought the EL 2's still had E7's but the big manifold? I know they still had the crappy little MAF, what pipes do u have on your 347? or are AFR heads different again to GTP?

The 347 is on the engine stand but it gets the new ELGT extractors I have sitting in my shed. Phil in Adelaide just purchased a set of ELXR8 2 extractors for his 200kw Au conversion to the Fairmont.
If I could get Pacemakers to come to the party - how many people would be interested - how about a poll Waggin?
Shane

Weapons of choice
1998 NL Fairlane by Tickford 033
1996 NL Fairlane Ghia 347
1992 NC Fairlane Ghia 5.0
1974 Landau
1974 LTD

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:49 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

MrLandau wrote:
jeffb wrote:

The 347 is on the engine stand but it gets the new ELGT extractors I have sitting in my shed. Phil in Adelaide just purchased a set of ELXR8 2 extractors for his 200kw Au conversion to the Fairmont.
If I could get Pacemakers to come to the party - how many people would be interested - how about a poll Waggin?
Shane

I would like to get some pipes but I cant, the MRS!!! is making me sell sell the big EB much to my disgust because she wanted a little car (daewoo at that) so I am keeping my EL, but I will no doubt go down the V8 road again hence the interest.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

jeffb wrote:
MrLandau wrote:
jeffb wrote:

Shane

I would like to get some pipes but I cant, the MRS!!! is making me sell sell the big EB much to my disgust because she wanted a little car (daewoo at that) so I am keeping my EL, but I will no doubt go down the V8 road again hence the interest.

You are selling the wrong one!

? buying a ""Daewoo"", they are worse than Hyundai's, for a start they are fitted with a GMH engine!

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

I think I read that GM are dropping the Daewoo's very soon.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:21 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Damage wrote:
jeffb wrote:
MrLandau wrote:
jeffb wrote:

Shane

? buying a ""Daewoo"", they are worse than Hyundai's, for a start they are fitted with a GMH engine!

*meh* I dont have to drive it

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

jeffb wrote:
Damage wrote:
jeffb wrote:
MrLandau wrote:
jeffb wrote:

Shane

*meh* I dont have to drive it

Yeah but selling a V8 to purchase a POS is really rubbing salt into the wounds, she must be a nasty piece of work :(

P.S. Please show your MRS my post :twisted:

We need a whip emoticon just for Jeffb :lol:

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Damage wrote:

How about some ambient sound effects....

*whhhktshhhh*

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:08 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

The Mrs Reply:

Nasty piece of work
Ha!

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Damage wrote:

How about some ambient sound effects....

*whhhktshhhh*

I will look for the whip sound off the Simpson's episode, where Homer buys the big 4wd after the salesman makes the sound referring to the Mrs has him under the whip.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I havent found the right sound yet, but in the mean time listen to her whip "jeffb" and laugh while doing it.
http://members.aol.com/terraggw/fewavs/whip1.wav

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next