GT40p Heads for my EB sXR8 

Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: GT40p Heads for my EB sXR8
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 au1 xr8

WA, Australia

have you done this process of putting gt40p heads on?
what did ya end up doing to get them to fit?
readin back over it i think there was a comment about ya have to get e series extractors to fit gt40p heads

au1 xr8 347ci votech v2 536.5rwhp

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

xr8m8 wrote:
readin back over it i think there was a comment about ya have to get e series extractors to fit gt40p heads

there is no difference in the way the bolt up, due to diference in the steering rack and intermediate shaft au specified exhaust manifolds will not clear in an e-series engine bay. im am in the process of doing gt40p heads into en ef xr8 and am using pacemaker ph4000's. they bolt up just fine and still clear everything in the engine bay. Due to different spark plug angles on the gt40 heads 90deg igntion lead boots must be used.

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

xr8m8 wrote:

there is no difference in the way the bolt up, due to diference in the steering rack and intermediate shaft au specified exhaust manifolds will not clear in an e-series engine bay. im am in the process of doing gt40p heads into en ef xr8 and am using pacemaker ph4000's. they bolt up just fine and still clear everything in the engine bay. Due to different spark plug angles on the gt40 heads 90deg igntion lead boots must be used.

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

cheers mate

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

xr8m8 wrote:
xafalcon wrote:
xr8m8 wrote:
cool i'll disregard what i read in the gregors man so yeah gt40p heads should flow 400hp at the wheels

Nope, not 400 rwHP without some sort of forced induction or power adder. Not even 400fwHP. A FULLY OPTIMISED engine could theoretically make 397fwHP based on the intake flow of 195cfm, but in the real world this isn't practically acheivable. If you can make 350fwHP with GT40P's you're doing really well.

hey bud just go back a few comments i did explain that i had a vortech v2 on to get that power out put at the wheels :D

But you used the term "flow 400rwHP" which implies STP (standard temperature and pressure) conditions, however using a blower contradicts this as both pressure and to a lesser extent temperature are raised.

In fact you could follow the same logic and say that the crappy E6 heads should flow 400hp at the wheels, which is obviously a nonsense. But given enough boost it should be possible.

So under ideal conditions GT40P heads can actually flow 397fwHP give or take. This is approximately 335rwHP. In the real world you should hope to achieve somewhere around 350fwHP (about 300rwHP) if your parts combination is well matched to the flow characteristics of the cylinder heads. The more mis-matched the combination becomes, the further away from this figure you will get.

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

because a hole heap of yous have jumped on and dribbled so much s**t i can't tell where ya mouth is to your a** let me start again for those that have just jumped in

i had a set up in my 98 au xr8 that consisted of a VORTECH SUPERCHARGER a standard bottom end bar the cam gt40p heads i had 410-415 REAR WHEEL HORSE POWER :evil: dyno sheets that prove it was at the wheels o i get it :idea: your on about na then yes you might be right. i guess if ya add a pump you'll get more hp

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Chill bro. I think everyone got that - with the blower you were making 400+rwhp. It's just that in your post at the top of this page, it looks like you're saying you'll disregard what you read in the Gregors manual and GT40Ps should flow 400hp at the wheels. In reading that post, I was under the impression (as I'm sure xafalcon was) that you believed the heads are capable of flowing 400rwhp. Generally, when people speak in terms of what a head can flow, it is always in NA form. Obviously, if something is boosted, then those figures can sky-rocket.

Not trying to have a go or anything like that, just trying to avert another thread turning to s**t like I've seen way too many times on this forum.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Tends to happen when most people talk in hypotheticals, this man has the sheets to prove it that they can flow 400rwhp wether or not it has a pump.

So id say if your not running boost then no it wont flow that BUT the max flow is still 400rwhp.
xr8m8 wrote:
because a hole heap of yous have jumped on and dribbled so much s**t i can't tell where ya mouth is to your a** let me start again for those that have just jumped in

i had a set up in my 98 au xr8 that consisted of a VORTECH SUPERCHARGER a standard bottom end bar the cam gt40p heads i had 410-415 REAR WHEEL HORSE POWER :evil: dyno sheets that prove it was at the wheels o i get it :idea: your on about na then yes you might be right. i guess if ya add a pump you'll get more hp

I understand you mate, i understood even reading your other post tho most people think they know all.. ah well.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4