Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:23 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

BuNtEr wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:
BuNtEr wrote:
and a few xr8s had this type a GT40 inlet, i would like to get my hand on one of these

Only EB & EL GT's had that upper.

Pete.

oh ok i seen them on a few ELs and one AU

Yeah they'll have been fitted after the fact. Explorer and GT40 lowers have the same bolt pattern/port arrangement so it's just a bolt on. Thing is though a Cobra upper actually flows better and then you can extrude hone it for even more flow. A GT40 upper cannot be extrude honed.

Pete.

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:41 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

NT, Australia

phatal wrote:
Go see KPM (Kings Park Motorsport) 257 goodwood road they are awesome to deal with and will be able to help you out. They are also right next door to the best exhaust place in town Exhaust Technology. KPM have their own dyno and are a herrod and CAPA dealer as well as many other things. I have recently got them to do a s**t of suspension work to my EL XR8 as well as injector cleans in there ultrasonic bath. Next up will be what you are looking into.

What benefits did you see in fuel economy/power by having your injectors sonically cleaned? Mine have about 190K on them so probably need looking at....also do you have an idea of price? Is it worth it?

Cheers

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

XHII V8S wrote:
phatal wrote:
Go see KPM (Kings Park Motorsport) 257 goodwood road they are awesome to deal with and will be able to help you out. They are also right next door to the best exhaust place in town Exhaust Technology. KPM have their own dyno and are a herrod and CAPA dealer as well as many other things. I have recently got them to do a s**t of suspension work to my EL XR8 as well as injector cleans in there ultrasonic bath. Next up will be what you are looking into.

What benefits did you see in fuel economy/power by having your injectors sonically cleaned? Mine have about 190K on them so probably need looking at....also do you have an idea of price? Is it worth it?

Cheers

Unfortunately I can't remember the price as they did it at the same time as a lot of other work I was getting done. I do remember though that they would give me a cheaper price per injector if I removed them etc (obviously they didn't then need to charge for removal and refitting if I did that) The reason I actually did this is because I have been having a lot of problems with the car running poorly. This didn't end up fixing it though it happened to be the chip that the car had in the ECU I think it was either faulty or just not connecting correctly in the J3 port. So I can't really answer the fuel economy / power question either as taking out the chip made it feel heaps better. It was way more responsive and also has a lot more top end as well whether that is from the injectors or the chip I don't know. Only had the car for about two weeks like that before I had to put it in for a full respray and so I haven't been able to really drive it that much. Short answer is I reckon do it and also get the throttle body and MAF cleaned while you are at it.

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2