Fordmods Logo

Lean Mixture 

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

You have to realise that these engines were not designed for all out performance. They provide reasonable power while maintaining good power and emissions. To get decent performance out of them you need to replace the heads and intake, without that you will only see minimal gains. The AU's were the first to get an engine with a decent base for mods.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:58 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

VIC, Australia

here here edxr8.

Kenny are you serious sbout selling the xr8? is it manual?

Pround memeber Team DYNAMIC WHITE

"NFURI8" Fairlane ghia nf2 v8.
Pacemaker p4000
El gt snorkle, K&N filter.
JVC and INFINITY audio system.
EL GT Shadow Chrome alloys

AU3 Falcon Dedicated Gas

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

Neal-50 wrote:
here here edxr8.

Kenny are you serious sbout selling the xr8? is it manual?

Yep, sure am
I,ve had time to settle down now ,but I would still like to upgrade to a newer model XR6T or XR8 if the price is right (which I have seen a couple in my range) but no mate its not a manual, but its got all the goodies to get some good power, eg ported to the s**t heads & HO manifold but don't let the HO fool you it flows more than an explorer! ,polished 65mm TB, 75mm pro-M mafs, bosch motorsport 28.8lb/hr injectors, adjustable fuel regulator, pod filter but will be replaced with airbox when sold, 17'' by 8'' wheels, new brakes all round-slotted rotors (front) ,new tyres all round,12 months rego as of 31 july, sony 6 stack CD with pioneer fronts & jenson rear speakers & most important always serviced every 5,000km

offers around $13,000 seriously considered
and , yes I know this isn't a for sale forum
but s**t happens!

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I would be interested to know what your intake flows, the most I have ever seen out of an HO manifold is just under 200cfm (a bit more then the explorer) but required a LOT of porting and $$$$. But still you only need 180-200cfm for most 5L engine combos anyway. Also what power are you making, with those mods you should see 160-180rwkw fairly easily with the right cam, still not huge power but it should be enough to make a failry quick car.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EDXR8 wrote:
I would be interested to know what your intake flows, the most I have ever seen out of an HO manifold is just under 200cfm (a bit more then the explorer) but required a LOT of porting and $$$$. But still you only need 180-200cfm for most 5L engine combos anyway. Also what power are you making, with those mods you should see 160-180rwkw fairly easily with the right cam, still not huge power but it should be enough to make a failry quick car.

I don't have the figures, but it was ported to suit the trickflow 1 cam requirements, 220-230 deg @.050 with .520'' lift.
It was ported all the way thru every runner with a flexable bottle cleaner looking thing with a pad on the end running grade 40 paper, the runners are so close that I had to glue the gasket in place to prevent sucking in.
sorry dude!

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Do you know if they touched the upper intake as that only flows around 160-170cfm unopened, the upper is diffcult because it normally needs to be cut open, ported and then rewelded or some use the extrude hone technique which does work extremely well but at around $700 for the upper alone it is expensive. As for the lower, it actually sounds like they possibly took too much material off, even the extreme ported lowers still have plenty of material around the ports, ususally they will open up all the ports to a consistant size (around 1.8-2" square area) and then cut throug the number 1 and 5 port walls and reweld them to straighten the flow out.

If you are running the TFS 1 cam you should be seeing some really decent power figures, otherwise something might not be right in the tune. Anyway, sounds like the engine has all the good stuff on board and sounds like a nice car for $13k.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EDXR8 wrote:
Do you know if they touched the upper intake as that only flows around 160-170cfm unopened, the upper is diffcult because it normally needs to be cut open, ported and then rewelded or some use the extrude hone technique which does work extremely well but at around $700 for the upper alone it is expensive. As for the lower, it actually sounds like they possibly took too much material off, even the extreme ported lowers still have plenty of material around the ports, ususally they will open up all the ports to a consistant size (around 1.8-2" square area) and then cut throug the number 1 and 5 port walls and reweld them to straighten the flow out.

If you are running the TFS 1 cam you should be seeing some really decent power figures, otherwise something might not be right in the tune. Anyway, sounds like the engine has all the good stuff on board and sounds like a nice car for $13k.

Cam isn't in yet,I quit B4 I went broke.
as with the port work the majority of the time was spent on the plenum, like 30hrs or so. I do estimate after the cam change ,the output should be around 170-180hp at the wheels, but that will be left for the buyer to do as I have spent enough time/money already.
I will miss her, but life goes on!

Post subject: Re: Lean Mixture
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:41 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1995 le mans Red EF Futura 5spd

QLD, Australia

If you guys are pumpin out 110-120 kw I wonder what my 6 would be doing..

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:39 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

EBSKIDPIG wrote:

Get two more cylinders and we'll be interested. This is the V8 forum!

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
EBSKIDPIG wrote:

Get two more cylinders and we'll be interested. This is the V8 forum!

lol.

nice thread mine effort.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3