My AU3 XR8 

Page 2 of 5 [ 62 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:36 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU3 XR8

Power: 191 rwkw

NSW, Australia

if there are some scratches in the glass itself it can effect the tint finish quality because the scratches and chips actually creates an air pocket.

AU3 XR8 Manual, Full options,Pursuit Lip, Boss bonnet, Hurricane extractors, zorst, SS Induction, K&N filter, Flash tuned...191rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

my ute has the mods you're after with just over 200rwkw,i reccomend going for difillipo extractors. When you do the mods you're gonna love it :)

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

baw351 wrote:
my ute has the mods you're after with just over 200rwkw,i reccomend going for difillipo extractors. When you do the mods you're gonna love it :)

difillipo extractors? who supplies them? and are standard cats good enough or is it recommended to get high flow cats?
have you taken it down the strip yet?? if so, what times did you manage?

AU3 XR8 Manual, Full options,Pursuit Lip, Boss bonnet, Hurricane extractors, zorst, SS Induction, K&N filter, Flash tuned...191rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:17 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Dave these guys claiming 200rwkw bla, bla, I got 13.7 on G tech are full of s$%t!!!

Don't go for some crappy tune because all it gives u is kw, which only accounts for a couple of tenths down the quarter. Remember its talk that wins u races!!!!

Instead blueprint the motor and try to improve volumetric efficiency; exhaust, cai, port/polish and high energy ignition systems. Improving burn efficiency of factory tune.

By the way stock xr8 does 14.5 :) .

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:21 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

im definetly thinking extractors, cai and cams for now but will a diff help as well? because if theres extra power you gotta be able to get it to the ground.
any ideas of what rwkws this could bring my car up to?
and im thinking flash tune it once all this is on.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:33 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Dude if you want to use it as a work vehicle forget it. 3.45 lsd is short enough and good for economy. CAM!!!!!!

you go any bigger and its gonna be a pig, the stock gt40 heads/manifold max out at 5,500 rpm which the engine does in stock form!!!! I spoke to jim mock, I think he might know a little more then you and me (mechanic).

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Not sure where you will get them from as im in melbourne but if you go to darrendiffillipo.com.au you should get some answers. Havent run it down the quarter yet ,on the street i beat a mates au pursuit 250.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:43 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
Dude if you want to use it as a work vehicle forget it. 3.45 lsd is short enough and good for economy. CAM!!!!!!

you go any bigger and its gonna be a pig, the stock gt40 heads/manifold max out at 5,500 rpm which the engine does in stock form!!!! I spoke to jim mock, I think he might know a little more then you and me (mechanic).

sweet. so by the sounds of it i should just keep it n/a and just add botls on parts and a tune.
do flash tuners work well? and what is a blueprint?

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:10 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I'll be honest software tuning I don't know much about, but I do know that factory tune on these isn't to bad. Ford hadn't spent many dyno hours and $$$ for nothing.

I would....

Single 2.5 inch ehhaust with 4-2-1 headers. I went with HM headers an full system because back in the day ford contracted them out to do their exhaust development.

MSD ignition system that firefox has fitted to his te50 on ford forums. Haven't read into it but looks like a fairly straight foward installation.

Once the motor has kicked the bucket get the engine match ported and balanced. Porting alone gives you around 10kw extra if you know what your doing.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

[quote="t2te50"]Dave these guys claiming 200rwkw bla, bla, I got 13.7 on G tech are full of s$%t!!!

Don't go for some crappy tune because all it gives u is kw, which only accounts for a couple of tenths down the quarter. Remember its talk that wins u races!!!!
Why is claiming 200rwkw full of it,and who do you have to talk to win races :?

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

baw351 wrote:
t2te50 wrote:
Dave these guys claiming 200rwkw bla, bla, I got 13.7 on G tech are full of s$%t!!!

Why is claiming 200rwkw full of it,and who do you have to talk to win races :?

Its alright mate, looks like old mate t2te50 has a few dramas with his spelling.
I think he means TORQUE not TALK, unless he TALKS himself into thinking he wins races?????

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:19 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

hahaha....
so if im looking to do track days i should work my car so it gives better torque?
what mods will do that? keeping in mind that i dont want to go over board. :) :D

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:30 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Its alright mate, looks like old mate t2te50 has a few dramas with his spelling.
I think he means TORQUE not TALK, unless he TALKS himself into thinking he wins races?????[/quote]

Blow the doors off the pile you drive any day :lol:, no talking needed, wouldn't even waste my time.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
I think he means TORQUE not TALK, unless he TALKS himself into thinking he wins races?????

t2te50 wrote:
Blow the doors off the pile you drive any day :lol:, no talking needed, wouldn't even waste my time.

Hah. What mods have you done? unless you have over 300rwhp i doubt you would beat him.

I've been reading his build thread, i dont doubt that he will have under 300rwhp

Doin it for Scotty.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:

First up sorry Dave for goin off topic here, but seeing as though t2te50 likes to talk so much, why dont we let him tell us abit about his car.

As far as "no talking needed", dont worry mate. i'll be the one doin the TORQUING....................

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next