Fordmods Logo

My EF xr8 mods!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: My EF xr8 mods!!
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Pictures of car to come soon, interior and exterior.

Ok to start it off, I have a All white EL xr8 in great condition paint wise and interior aswell. The car is running a dream at the moment so these are the current mods I have done to the car since i got it back in feb 06'.

Current Mods:
- Herrods exhuast from cats back, Hotdog put in.
- Sequential scoop.
- 18' BF GTP rims.
- Chrome Ghia door handles
- pod filter.
- Bebaged the whole car and put 3 brand new tickford wing badges on.
I had a little prang on the back and front of my car, insurance got me few minor new things in front part of engine, also got a respray to the whole front of car and back of car (respray to back of car getting done soon), also respraying side skirts, mirrors and bonnet, spoiler aswell as the strip around the car.

Future Mods:
- Ba Bonnet Buldge only keeping the sequential scoop on one side and removing and sealing other vent (Thoughts??)
- King spring super lows on front and Ultra Lows on back with shocks front and back.
- Not exactly sure what a camber kit is but I was told I should get it for the front which I will. (suggestions on price, and is it worth it ?)
- Modral ??? Bent exhuast tip (one or two tips what do you think ? )
- Found a place that does carbon fibre interior.
- Sunroof!!! Will definatly get.
- White guages as well as blue BA style led lights? Thoughts?
- Clear Side indacators.
- New leds in headlights. what brightness or whatever its called should I get for best results ?
- Respraying calipers, Not sure what colour? red is two common was thinking Dark purple or blue? Thoughts ?

All your thoughts and comments will help me alot, I appreciate the time You may spend in replying to this, If you no of anybody that can help me out with my mods that would also be greatly appreciated, Prices, parts, locations of parts and any other suggestions would be awesome. Thanks again guys. jack :roll:

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

I would get rid of the bonnet vents all together if going with a BA buldge, would look a bit odd IMO with just 1 vent, bonnet would look very busy.

Spring choice is good, the car will sit level, if not a little lower in the rear with supers in the front and ultras in the rear. If you can upgrade your swaybars to whiteline, and put some good shocks in, bring the handling up to spec. Any good suspention place should sort this out for you, also ask them about a camber kit, they should be able to suggest a suitable kit for you.

Go the dual dumpys, they look tough. Any exhaust shop will do it.

Carbon fibre interior should look good against the EL XR trim.

For sunroofs, Prestige Sunroofs in Burwood do a fantastic job, I've only heard good things about them, although your looking at around $2000 supply and install.

White cluster: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Face-Lights-Up-White-FORD-EF-EL-DIALS-Free-Post_W0QQitemZ170073424400QQihZ007QQcategoryZ102349QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For the blue backlighting, just do a search for Blue LED on the forums, has been covered plenty of times before. Narva sell replacment wedge clip LED's to fit into the cluster.

Your right about caliper colours, red is to common. Maybe try gold, would look good against the white paint, or dark purple as you suggested. High temp paint from autobarn works well. Clean all the s**t off the calipers, then give em a couple of coats.

Clear indicators to suit mid/low series mouldings, send a private message to this bloke: ratman

Headlights, not to sure, i went to my local auto parts joint and they gave me some globes that are bright and white, so maybe just try asking at an auto place.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

"If you can upgrade your swaybars to whiteline, and put some good shocks in, bring the handling up to spec."

Thank you very much for the time you spent in replying i appreciate any help I can get. Just a question a swaybar to me sounds like a big and or expensive job? what would you think it would achieve and how much you think it might cost ? and oh who do it??

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

swaybar isnt overly expensive or difficult, its just 2 bars (one at front, one at rear) that run across the car. Larger diameter = stiffer therefore less body roll.

Camber/castor kits are needed when you lower your car or even sometimes when you fit bigger wheels. It stops uneven tire wear by fixing the angle that your wheels are to the ground which is increased when you modify suspension.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]