Fordmods Logo

my Ford is the biggest piece of s**t ever invented!!!!!!!!! 

Page 1 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: my Ford is the biggest piece of s**t ever invented!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Simple thing today, remove and replace the Harmonic Ballancer on a Nc 5l...... simple. Well it would have been if the C**k sucking, a** munching, ball bag licking, faggot f**k f**k wits at Ford Australia could design a car. Cant get to the Harmonic from underneath because the d**k decided to put a cross member to attach the bash plate to right underneath the harmonic, then the fan shroud has to be that wide you can just get your fingers in to touch the harmonic, then you cant get the shroud out because the stupid f**k clutch fan bolt is near on impossible to crack without spending a day making a stupid tool you might use every 10 years or go to your ford dealers and spend half your yearly sallary to buy there tool!!!!!!!! I spent a whole f**k day just trying to remove the clutch fan!!!!!! Then everything has f**k stupid tamper proof screws , so you cant even do a simple job without wrecking every screw you come accross. Now I have to work out how it is that I am going to spend my sunday so I can get the a** f**k clutch fan off. If I was just a little bit less thing restrained I would have driven my claw hammer through every panel of the piece of s**t! Ford, yeah wonderful to drive, cheap parts, really a pleasure but try to fix something and you might aswell go out the back and cut your d**k off with a hack saw as that will be more pleasureable

Post subject: Re: Fords are the biggest piece of s**t ever invented!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Shoulda bought a 6 cylinder.

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:45 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

you dont need to undo the clutch fan to remove the radiator shroud, but you do need to remove the radiator though..
if you undo the shroud push it towards the enfgine, remove the radiator the pull the shroud out...

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

As Troyman said. Its really not that harder job , but I do sympathise that when things piss you off they piss you off!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Deep breathes man. Just walk away and count to 10. Cars all test our patience at some point.

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
you dont need to undo the clutch fan to remove the radiator shroud, but you do need to remove the radiator though..
if you undo the shroud push it towards the enfgine, remove the radiator the pull the shroud out...

Yeah then you have to spend about $50 in coolant when it dont need to be replaced. The a** holes who wrote the manual I have said" remove drive belt, undo harmonic pulley bolts, remove harmonic using a pulley gear". Simple job hey. I hope the guy who wrote the manual choked on his own pubic hairs after writing it! Looks like its going to be a radiator removal anyways. Seeing the car is going to tow a 7x10 for about 7 hours soon i Suppose it will give peace of mind if I drop new coolant and replace the thermostat, its just the coolant and thermostat was done by previous owner about 8 months ago so really it doesnt need it. I really do love the love boat ( the name of my lane) but 5 hours worth of pain pushed me over the edge. Fords are bought because people like them for modding and they are cheap and easy to fix, right? So to make sure they get there money for repairs they make the hard to fix?????

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
As Troyman said. Its really not that harder job , but I do sympathise that when things piss you off they piss you off!

Man I could remove and rebuid anything in my Lj Torry in a day by myself when I had it, this is the second Ford I have owned and there clutch fans are really a prick. And yeah it really p****d me off but reading the quote under your post about the horse put a smile on my face. What wrong with Jacking off a horse anyways?

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Yeah the "torry" would be a lot simpler as it is a seventies car! :roll: and ford did learn thats why the EF/EL NF/NL range had thermos and no big shroud!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:19 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

true, it sux having to spend extra cash then necessary to replace the coolant, but if your carefull not to get crap in the coolant it can be re used.. and any floaties can be filtered out with an old stocking or cotton rag..
unfortunatly thats how the car has been designed, there are worse cars out there that need alot more removed to do simple things..

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

The fan removal tool takes less than 30 minutes to make with a drill and angle grinder, much less time than you already wasted. It makes the balancer R&R much easier, so it's worthwhile removing it. Spend about the same amount of time making the balancer rotation-stopper tool. Your factory radiator has a drain tap on the drivers side. Use a bucket to collect the coolant while you make the tools, and the coolant can be re-used if it's reasonably new.

So for an hours tool-making and about an hours work doing the whole R&R, the job is done.

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

8 months, probably would hurt to be changed anyway, seriously dude, there's a lot worse cars to wrk on, and quite a number of car require radiator removal atleast for the harmonic blancer.

mitsi's triton delicas basically engine out as to get a good one of, you need a puller, we f**k tried.
lucky mine had no rad support to make everything easy, ish.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:34 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I know your not keen on making the tool mate, but trust me when saying the right tools make life so much easier... I borrow Ford's tools here as the old man works for them, s**t remove the clutch fan is easy with the tool... I have attached the Ford specs for making their V8 tool... Would be worth your while mate...

Cheers,
Tim

Attachments:
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG [ 67.21 KiB | Viewed 234 times ]

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

Sell your ford and buy a Holden!- then cry some more!

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

xafalcon wrote:
The fan removal tool takes less than 30 minutes to make with a drill and angle grinder, much less time than you already wasted. It makes the balancer R&R much easier, so it's worthwhile removing it. Spend about the same amount of time making the balancer rotation-stopper tool. Your factory radiator has a drain tap on the drivers side. Use a bucket to collect the coolant while you make the tools, and the coolant can be re-used if it's reasonably new.

So for an hours tool-making and about an hours work doing the whole R&R, the job is done.

Alright, it might take you an hour but not me...... About 2 years ago I got out of the traded and moved, and to create space in the trailer I sold all my power tools. So now to get an angle grinder and a drill I need to see the missuses old man around the corner. So I go there and then he asks what I using them for, then proceeds to tell me about when he was on the commision he used to do bla bla bla and then the mother inlaw pipes up and starts telling me about what a bad night sleep she had and wants me to fix her computer, then the old man tells her to shut up and continues to tell me the same story he told me about an hour ago....... all in all it takes me a day just to get the power tools needed. I really didnt weant to go through that again, might have too. Hope we have alot of Panadol

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

By the way the Shroud bolt on v8's are right hand thread, right. It said in the manual that v8's are right hand and 6's are left? That means I crack it by going anticlockwise or left to undo, right?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next