Fordmods Logo

My new purchase 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: My new purchase
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU S2 XR8

WA, Australia

well i picked up my new car last wednesday and AWESOME!!!! spewing i didnt get a manual sooner! its a S2 AU XR8 optioned up with premo sound, leather and the bigger brakes. i was speechless when i drove it home that night i just listened to it all the way! i was so excited i left my cd case in my old car i traded in!
just took it out to the country for the weekend and wat a great drive so much more comfortable than my old S1 forte and i'd forgotten how great cruise control is.
its an excellent example of the model and was stoked its the 220kw version! only probs is the 6 stacker doesnt load (getting looked into) but more worrying is the fuel smell i get when i jump in, i will be investigating this tomorrow morning. im guessing it has a leak cos it takes a while for it to start (turns over for longer than my other 5L)
anyways hers a few pics of the beast havent got any from my camera yet but will def get some this week.

mmmmmmmmmmm 220 manual goodness!

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

very nice

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:28 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Congratulations mate, one of the blue ovals best combinations. Any plans modifications wise?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

the exhaust will be the first mod, but i want something thats deep but not very loud if that makes sense?! as it was a big relief to get rid of my old droning S1 5L!

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:37 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

HM 2.5inch with the rear muffler deleted has got to be as close to a V8 supercar as you can get. Litteraly scares me when I start it up lol.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

3x-puursui7 wrote:
the exhaust will be the first mod, but i want something thats deep but not very loud if that makes sense?! as it was a big relief to get rid of my old droning S1 5L!

You didnt have the white ex copper au with sprint stickers? If so you talked bout getting the car and its done,too easy.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:24 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

green car wrote:
3x-puursui7 wrote:

You didnt have the white ex copper au with sprint stickers? If so you talked bout getting the car and its done,too easy.

certainly was me! i just got sick of the auto really and having such a bog stock base model, although i'd done a fair bit to it making it more personal it was all for nothing really! and this one has 75% of the stuff done to it that i wanted done to my old car! wat car u get around in? did i speak to u at the cruise or at the drags?

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

For an exhaust with a nice note but not too loud, I'd suggest the same as I'm running on the TE..

Twin 2.5" mandrel bent mild steel, Hooker Aerochamber main mufflers and Magnaflow resonators at the rear. If you plan no other mods to the car then you could run 2.25" and not lose any power, XH5LTWPN's ute is testament to that.

The pipework cost approx $660 for mine, and I supplied the mufflers, approx $125ea for the Hookers and $200ea for the Magnaflows.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

3x-puursui7 wrote:
green car wrote:
3x-puursui7 wrote:

certainly was me! i just got sick of the auto really and having such a bog stock base model, although i'd done a fair bit to it making it more personal it was all for nothing really! and this one has 75% of the stuff done to it that i wanted done to my old car! wat car u get around in? did i speak to u at the cruise or at the drags?

I was the big guy talking to you at the drags when you parked your au next to some other fords in the pits.I think i had on a pirtek rally jacket.I used to have an au v8 ex copper,white that ran 14.9 also.Now i got an eb 5.0 ghia.Seeya later 175kw-hello 220kw :P

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

Tiz a tip top car. Saw it this morning.

Jealous of the leather. :(

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Kilma wrote:
Tiz a tip top car. Saw it this morning.

Jealous of the leather. :(

yeh the leather is noice hey! i will be alot happier when i fix the fuel leak its got but!!! will be ringing the dealer on monday to get it sorted as i had a look and its coming from the fuel pump(area)!

cheers bottledup, where did u get the muffler and resonators from? its got a twin system on but factory exctractors i think so will be fixing that with my tax cheque!

yeh the 220 is very nice pisses all over my old car, still getting used to the manual but getting the hang of it! should have it sorted when the plex opens next season and i'll try for some good numbers! mite see u down there again greencar.

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Im prob worng but i thought that it was the Series 3 AU XR8's that came with the 220kw motor

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
Im prob worng but i thought that it was the Series 3 AU XR8's that came with the 220kw motor

Your right, you are wrong ;)

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

hahaha at least i was right about something

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]