N/A 5.0L Max Rwkw 

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:22 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

AFR185s, 2031 and performer is the jist of her combo yeah?
I don't see how you could go milder ;)
Maybe gone the 165s instead, but its not like the 2031 is a f**k monster.
It'd be a f**k of fun in a manual ED XR8 as is, and whos arguing with 200+rwkw?
All its missing is a bit of stroke :P
And deck height depending on your liking for overkill LOL

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Post subject: Re: N/A 5.0L Max Rwkw
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

atomicmushroom00 wrote:
heya guys,

I currently got a I6 falcon and was looking at gettin a 5.0L NL Fairlane. But i only want a V8 to beat my mates ricer Rx7 running on 14psi. Anywayz, whats the max power people around here are getting with the 5.0L's without blowing them. also, what times are people running with like 3.45LSD's and the regular auto's.

Cheers everyone

firstly you're wrapping it in the wrong package mate, Fairlane's are a little porky and power to weight is what you'll need to nut out first. If u want N/A you'll need good heads/intakes/cam and then a nice stroker kit, i know of 2 EBs getting around with 455 and 460 rwhp at the moment, with a set 3.9s, they are a quarter mile weapon. Your cheaper option would be a stong 5.0liter with forced induction, And as someone has already said, its about the torque....

There's no replacement for XR8 displacement

Drivin' E'z is the only addiction

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Phatal, the only reason i wouldn't go for a Positive Displacement blower is just to preserve the longevity of the gearbox, and engine (but it would probably cope alright). Just having full boost and a bucketload of torque from a low RPM, might have an adverse effect on a stock tranny.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

In Fairlane [or any heavy vehicle] a suitable final drive would help NO end.. Being fairlane It's possibly got a tall final drive... Check what it has then at least fit XR series ratio or the 3.7 to 3.9 and that increase acceleration heaps...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

If your already got an i6 falcon save for an intercooled turbo setup and gearbox strengthening you will crush 99% of cars on the road, they can be seriously quick. Otherwise go the v8 and want to go quick go 5.0litre with quality aftermarket parts, 5.7 litre stroker kit or supercharging any of the above should kill the rx7.....

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:35 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Hate to say this and it may disappoint some of you guys BUT, the Windsor was THE motor for anyone serious on HP back in the 70's, they revved and went harder than the clevelands, their setback was, unreliability, but, with your later model 5.0L Windsor, your only limited by your imagination and thickness of your wallet, otherwise, they will go as hard as any other V8. :lol: ........ 8-)

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Denim wrote:
Hate to say this and it may disappoint some of you guys BUT, the Windsor was THE motor for anyone serious on HP back in the 70's, they revved and went harder than the clevelands, their setback was, unreliability, but, with your later model 5.0L Windsor, your only limited by your imagination and thickness of your wallet, otherwise, they will go as hard as any other V8. :lol: ........ 8-)
he early motors held together very well.. The latter model blocks split in 1/2 with over 450 h.p and some abuse.. The Ford guys who raced the Utes only know too well...
With std capacity 220 rwkw seems about as far as you can go with 1/2 decent drivability then with 347 inch motor 260 rwkw seems about the limit...In N/A form.. A 351 is stronger but needs a bonnet mod as engine is 70 mmm higher...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:45 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I havent had much to do with the later model 5.0L mtrs, just what Ive been reading about them, they dont produce much from the factory, but the options are there to improve them greatly if one looks around, cause I had in mind at one stage of buying one for my EL, the States is the best place for a good range of parts for them, but, Ive never heard of them blowin their blocks easily, not saying it doesnt happen, specially if overworked, but to me they seemed like a good platform to work from, diff story if one expected very high hp.. , but with any motor, over work it, and they start becoming unreliable, naturally some are worse than others, maybe, this is one of them..?.. think.. I'll stick with my 6.. if I want the V8 sound.. I'll disable a cylinder.... :lol:

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:20 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Good choice man you can pick up an e series 5l cheap and have alot of pocket money for mods.

With a MANUAL 5L EF/EL sedan mid 13's would be a piece of piss. Just throw in 220kw xr8 engine and stir. My car which is easily around 150kg heavier (1700kg) then a EF/EL GLi does 14.4!!!!!

Just remember on merit/handicap the venerable winnie is one of the greatest V8's ever produced!!!!!!! Reliable, compact (same size as ecotec v6!!!!, good power to weight.

My 'stock tune' 220kw te50 will have around 170 rwkw once properly blueprinted/ported. Not overwhelming power but the way it is delivered from 0-5,500rpm is just fantastic.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:50 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

The AU series 3 220 kw motor is a good lil motor, a few small mods will see it, at 260kws, a decent cam, good exhaust and a computer, will do it, let alone then getting any head work, supercharger or a Turbo, the states sell a good variety of heads there, 2 valve 3 valve or 4 valve alloy heads to suit, (wont go into cost tho :lol: ) not to mention good inlet manifolds an such, too bad they dont have such a variety for the 4L motors... 8-)

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:21 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

dunno why you guys keep sayin that windsors cant make power.....or that they are really expensive ?? if you can do a bit of work on it yourself you can save heaps ...my 175 fairmont now makes 242 kw at the fly ...and the most importatant part ..524nm of torque at 3800 thats more than a boss 290
stock gt40p,s ported
stock explorer manifold ported
cam ,springs ,1.7rr
around 6 grand doin the work yourself.....about 3-4 grand if started with a 220kw
ok its nothing spectacular but value for money i reckon :D

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

If you are looking for cheap Windsor parts then check out www.summitracing.com my dad is rebuilding a 351 Cleveland and the amount of Windsor parts they have on there is unbelievable.
Alot of the parts are cheaper than what you get over here for them as well.

Daily Driver - AU III Dumped on 18s, Lovell springs, KYB shockies, RDA rotors, BF Calipers, Full Pioneer System.
Future Mods - Extractors/exhaust system & TS50 bodykit.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

blowing it would be cheapest, that 200rwkw bs is crap a really serious 302 would be 300rwkw or better, atm im on 180rwkw and im still on stock heads / cam / inlet aiming for 220kw+ with the parts i got, and mine only medium

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3